Ahshort

Jun 3, 2022
Moses Lake, Wa
Pool Size
Surface
Fiberglass
Chlorine
Liquid Chlorine
My phosphate level tested @ 2300 @ pool store. I ordered a Taylor test which agrees. I’m switching from a chlorine pool to a SWG. My pool is well balanced and clear. Should I use Phosphate Remover before installing SWG? There’s a lot of differing opinions on this. I have a bottle of Orenda 10000 I bought from store when they first told me phos was high, but was waiting for the Taylor test before I did anything. Also in a clear pool how long will the removal process take? I have cartridge filters- pool store said to clean 3 x day for 3 days? Is that right?😬

Should I use Phosphate Remover before installing SWG?
At this point I would say no. Hold on to the Orenda for later. Once you get the SWG operational and water well balanced, if you find the SWG struggling to maintain your FC level even after passing an Overnight Chlorine Loss Test, then you might consider it.

Yeah, thanks, I’ve read it. I’m installing Circupool Core35 and install instructions say start with zero phosphates. SWG was expensive, well to me anyway, and ima thinking that if the $50 bottle of Orenda will mitigate any damage to my new SwG then it’s worth the time and trouble…still wondering about 3 x day filter cleaning tho, I’m older with a bad back and changing those cartridges is awkward and hard for me. I have a Dolphin crawler vacuum that I figured I could run while using the PR that would help with the clearing of particulates… thoughts?

SWG was expensive, well to me anyway
To us all. Ha. Phosphates don't damage a cell (plates) that I'm aware of, but perhaps could produce a film that inhibits SWG performance. At least that's their position. If you elect to use the Orenda, keep in mind it may produce a coating over the paper filter carts that doesn't just spray off. That's one of the potential side effects of a PR that has a coagulating effect on phosphates. You may even see some light fallout, a dusting appearance, on the pool floor after treatment. At some point you may need to use some powdered dishwasher soap to give the carts a thorough soaking.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.