Phosphate problem

Ok, here is what I don't understand. My pool is now crystal clear and has been for days ever since adding the 1st treatment of bleach 4 nights ago. When reading about slam, it looks to me I need to do a slam to clear up the pool. There is nothing there to clean up. It sparkles. Should I do I boost on my salt generator to maybe get the chlorine up? What can I add to get cya up? Also the charts that show in the slam have stars next to 60 and says do not do slam.
So what do I do??

Thanks,
Joe
Joe,

Go by WalMart, Lowes or Home Depot and pick up a bottle of stabilizer/CYA. Generally all three sell it in the seasonal pool section. Use pool Math to determine how much you need to add to get your pool to the 30 Pat recommended. Take the amount you need and pour it in an old sock (no holes in the toes). Hang that sock in front of one of your returns or as long as it will not block all water movement you can put it in one of your skimmer baskets.

I know that your pool is clear. Maybe clearer than you have ever seen it. But, we want to keep it that way. Just because it's clear does not mean something is not growing in the water. That is where the Overnight FC Loss Test (OCLT) comes in. We want to prove scientifically that nothing is growing before moving forward.

Keep adding one bottle of bleqach per day until the all clear is given and we move forward with maintaining the pool with your SWCG.

Good Morning,
Todays test reads:
FC: 3.5
CC:1.5
Calc Hardness: 300
Alk: 90
Bromine: 4
PH: 7.5
CYA: Tube was full and can still see black dot. (same)

This morn I put 5lbs of stabilizer in front of the return, I will test again tonight, then add bleach. I will do the OCLT test tomorrow night since I get up for work at 230am tonight and will be able to test accurately tuesday morning.

Adding stabilizer for a target of 30 is a good move. Since your CC is still elevated and you're going to do the OCLT tonight anyways, I would increase the FC to about 8 for the rest of the day. I think your water could use the extra FC right now. Tonight, consider leaving your FC at about 8 for the OCLT and see how things look tomorrow morning.

Well, it would appear that you have passed OCLT, CC is in pass range and you stated above the pool is clear. So, now it's time to turn the SWCG back on and adjust it's output for the CYA.

CH & TA look good.

You didn't list pH this morning, but keep that in range and it's time to swim I think.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Bromine doesn't exist in your pool and you don't test for it.

You are not finished with your SLAM

You should re-read the ABC's up in Pool School and then you should re-read the SLAM article.

I don't mean to be harsh but you have more to learn if you intend to use the TFP method of Pool Care.

Hello, You are not being harsh at all. I am just following what everyone here is telling me. I never SLAM the pool. Did everything I was told to do before a SLAM to see if I needed to.

- - - Updated - - -

Returned all the chemicals today. They were good about taking them back.

Todays test:
FC: 5
CC:.5
Calc Hardness: 275
Alk: 80
PH: 7.8
CYA: now at 40
Water is crystal clear
Turned salt generator up to 60%

Is there a test for salt? Or do I just go by what the SWG readout reads?

Thanks,
Joe

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.