PH Testing

I'm a big believer in borates, especially with SWCG. I expected to add muriatic acid routinely b/c of the SWCG - but only had to do so a few times all summer. Before finding this site I used the Mineral Springs plan (bags of magic stuff that this site demystified -- thank you TFP). This kept the borates at 50 ppm (which I discovered when I started using borate test strips).

Kelly

meatloaf said:
I'm trying to maintain a PH of 7.6 I ususally let it rise to 7.8 and then need to add approx 9 oz of 31.5% MA to bring it down to 7.6 Two days later it's back up to 7.8.
Even AFTER dropping your TA 20 ppm? Hmmm...

Bottom line is this, we have told you how to help get your acid usage under control. If you have your reasons for not following this advice then you will have to live with the acid additions or add a pH controller and acid dosing pump to automate the process for you, which is a very expensive, but extremely workable solution.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.