PH level before the SLAM

5cab99119abd04b00b034ade7cf486ca.jpg

This mornings results. I might have flubbed on my initial cya test (water below label test with reagent).

Added a gallon of bleach before leaving the house. Only need half of one. That should last me til around lunch time when I can check it again (hopefully)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Don't worry about the CYA test, the tolerance is +/-10ppm and it takes a lot of practice and proper lighting to get it right. Also, 20ppm is really the minimum of the test so it's hard to measure that low. Assume 20ppm and go from there.

Ok, sounds good. I totally agree with the extra little bleach bump to give you some margin.

Definitely need to start filtering and vacuuming. Use the DE, it will speed the process up.

Been getting a lot of rain lately. Been hard to vacuum. I'm going to try tomorrow if we get a break in the weather.

Also my CC test when adding the 003 turns just slightly pink and turns mostly clear after 1 drop but takes 2 to fully clear. But the pool is still very cloudy. I'll try and pick up some DE today and put some in the filter after my next backwash. Been maintaining FC above SLAM. Rain holding up my progress smh ha

The rain definitely will slow you down physically (brushing, etc) but, unless it's overflowing your pool, it won't affect you much chemically speaking.

So I'd say your CCs are still between 0.5-1 ppm. Keep up the SLAM. Since your water does have CYA in it, going a few ppm above shock level is fine. With all the rain and your busy schedule, the extra margin helps.

And yes, you need DE. The cloudiness is from fine particulates, aka dead algae. Sand filters are not the best at filtering out fine particle so you need to give it a little help.

Can't wait to see the picture of your sparkling awesome water.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Got it. Yeah, thick grey backwash means lots of dead algae and other gunk. Anything you can do to keep the water moving and circulating helps. The DE should definitely speed up the fine particle filtration.

Hang in there, hopefully the rains will clear up soon and give you a break.

Also seems like a little bit of sand shoots back into the pool after a back wash even though I rinse for a minute... Weird

I've heard of that happening before. It happens with my DE filter too when I backwash or do a major filter teardown. It takes time for the filter media to settle into place.

- - - Updated - - -

No. Haven't made it to the store. Going this afternoon. Main job and part time have been keeping me busy this week [emoji58]

Well, it is true that the DE does you no good if it just sits there on the store shelf because you no money to buy it with.....

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.