Ph/Green

I strongly suspect that your test results are way off in some way. None of your test results have matched up with what you say you have done. The most likely source of problems is the test strips (and the pool store testing). Problems with test strips and pool store testing are both very common stories that we hear all the time.

Ok so I have some new numbers and I know no one likes the 6-way WM test strips but it is all I have and I am sorry to say that ordering another test kit will have to wait a couple of weeks until payday.

TH- 100
TC- 4
FC- 10
PH- 7.2
TA- 130
CYA- 120

Now these results were taken 5mins. ago. The other day I cleaned my cart. filter and have ran my pump for over 24 hrs. non stop. I also added some baking soda to get the TA up and it seemed to work and I have had my return jet up so the water could aerate. I have also been adding bleach everynight just to keep chlorine ok. The water is crystal clear feels really good on the skin and does not burn your eyes. I have no signs of algae. I am assuming that my CYA keeps going up due to because all I ahve used before coming here is chlor. 3" pucks in my floater and shocked every week with WM Aqua Chem Shock Ex. Blue which is Sodium dichloro-s-triazinetrione 63.05% according to the ingredints on the box. It says it kills bacteria and algae and has 39% free chlorine. The pucks are Trichloro-s-triazinetrione 99% and says it has 90% avail. chlorine. I usually kept 2 3" pucks in my floater all the time. When ever my water would turn cloudy or look bad I would go ahead and use 2lbs. of the shock extra blue. Also this what I used at the opening of my pool every year to turn it from green to clear. I would just keep shocking it until it turned clear. This process has broke me and actually it seems it wasnt really helping my pool. I am assuming I need to drain partial water to get CYA down then can work on the amount of bleach I have to add to keep chlor. in check. I am posting a pic. of my water to show how it looks. Thanks everyone for all the help I feel that this bleach thing and not using the pucks is the way I need to go. If anyone wants to give sugg. on my numbers even though they are test stips would be welcomed.

Attachments

• IMG_0425.JPG
    IMG_0425.JPG
    152.2 KB · Views: 11
Water looks great, but if the strips are even close to right, your CYA is too high and your PH is on the low-end of where we like to see it. With TA of 130, you can just keep an eye on the PH as it will likely rise on it's own, but your chlorine results seem off. If your FC is 10, there is no way your TC can be 4...it has to be at least 10. FC + CC = TC.

Hope this helps!

Thanks dmanb2b. i am going to go ahead and assume that my CYA is very high even with using these test strips. Mainly because of the chemicals i was using. As far as the chlorine numbers I don't know. I just put down what the test strips said. I know this is the downfall of using these. They read TC and FC and that is all not CC. I have just been adding about 24 oz. of bleach a night. I agree with you on the ph and am just going to leave well enough alone for right now. But with my CYA being so high I know I need to get it down. The pool cal. says drain 58% of my water to get it at 50 CYA but that is alot of water and then I am sure I will have to start all over with the TA and PH and so on. If my water was not so clear and nice looking I might. So what does everyone else think I should do?

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.