Gold Supporter
Nov 13, 2022
Spring Branch, Texas
Pool Size
Surface
Plaster
Chlorine
Liquid Chlorine
Hi All, new member since Nov 1, 2022, and still feeling my way thru all the info. My chemistry has been near perfect for the past 5 mths. but of course, here in Central TX the weather hasn't reached consistent 80's to affect my pool water, so not sure if I'm an expert yet...:)! Anyway, yesterday I tested my PH along with the other testing and found my PH suddenly dropped from a consistent 7.6-7.8 for 5 mths to 7.4. It's still in the recommended range for my size pool(7.2-8.0), but not the ideal range as per Pool Math,(7.6-7.8). I might add I have an automatic cover and was brushing the other day. It started to rain so I just left it open. Not sure if this had any effect. My FC is 6, TA-100 and CYA have been consistent 30/35. I read several posts here and it was recommended if the TA is high add Borax instead of Soda Ash. Accurate? Pool Math is calling for just 11oz. Of course, my question is should I even fool with the PH at this point and let it ride since it's in the recommended range and adopt a wait-and-see? Thanks all!

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.