Oklahoma
Pool Size
Surface
Vinyl
Chlorine
Liquid Chlorine
Closing pool today
PH registers at 8.2
The water level in pool is low and it’s been running 24 hrs circulating slam protocol.
Due to low water level, after vacuuming to waste, the return valve has created aeration in pool.
Never thought much about it until reading Aeration creates Higher PH levels.
Questions:
-do I add water(only to turn around and drain ) into pool to stop aeration and then add MA until I get a reading of 7.2 - 7.5
-How long after adding MA can I check reading.
- does water temp effect PH reading?
Thank you

Closing pool today
PH registers at 8.2
The water level in pool is low and it’s been running 24 hrs circulating slam protocol.
Due to low water level, after vacuuming to waste, the return valve has created aeration in pool.
Never thought much about it until reading Aeration creates Higher PH levels.
Questions:
-do I add water(only to turn around and drain ) into pool to stop aeration and then add MA until I get a reading of 7.2 - 7.5
-How long after adding MA can I check reading.
- does water temp effect PH reading?
Thank you
You can’t test the pH when you’re in a slam so wait for the free chlorine to drop below 10 ppm and then you can reliably measure pH, but if you’re closing the pool, just leave it. pH rises naturally over the next few weeks/ months while the pool is closed.

Reactions: Mdragger88
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.