Acworth, GA
Pool Size
Surface
Plaster
Chlorine
Salt Water Generator
SWG Type
Jandy Aquapure 1400
My pH had drifted to 8.0 and I wanted to add MA to bring it down to 7.8. The pH adjustment screen, which has you enter your TA (mine was 60), calculated that I needed to add 7.9 oz of MA to reach my target (7.8). I added that, rechecked in 20 mins and was still above my target. Out of curiosity I went to the Effects of Adding section with 7.9 oz of MA to my pool and it showed the pH being lowered by .1 (7.9 in my case). I added another 7.9 (8 let’s be real) oz of MA and 20 mins later I was at 7.8. I would have thought that the pH adjustment screen which includes your actual TA would have been the most accurate way to determine MA demand. What I described suggests maybe not. Thoughts?

IMG_7647.jpegIMG_7648.jpeg

1) effects of adding doesn't ask your TA
2) read the disclaimer at the bottom of effects of adding
3) an 8+ looks like an 8. It could be a 9. The same for being low as it only reads to 6.8. If it's really a 6.2 it will take a couple adds from 6.8 to your target, to be back in the 7s.

1) effects of adding doesn't ask your TA
2) read the disclaimer at the bottom of effects of adding
3) an 8+ looks like an 8. It could be a 9. The same for being low as it only reads to 6.8. If it's really a 6.2 it will take a couple adds from 6.8 to your target, to be back in the 7s.
1) I know.
2) I did.

It surprises me the the 2 screens differed by 100% and the one that did not account for actual TA appeared to give the correct answer.

Reactions: Newdude