Jul 8, 2015
Lansdale, PA
Pool Size
Surface
Plaster
Chlorine
Liquid Chlorine
Hi,

I’ve been using TFP techniques for a few years and our pool has truly been trouble free. This season, I’ve seen a few spots of yellowish green algae in the same location in the shallow end. Every few weeks the spots reappear. 3x now, I’ve SLAMed the pool, scrubbed the walls and it passes the OCLT test. I add liquid chlorine each night to keep the FC at the desired level (4-5). My water is clear, here are the numbers:

FC 5
CC 0
PH 7.6
TA 100
CYA 30

I don’t want to slam the pool again, it seems like a waste especially bc I keep getting the same result. Any thoughts on what may be going on?

Not SLAMming isn’t going to solve the problem. You either aren’t actually done with the SLAM (have you followed the mustard algae advice at the end of your SLAMs?) Or, between SLAMs, your water hasn’t been properly maintained. Are you brushing frequently, including walls, steps and crevices?

Thanks for your reply. I didn’t consider that it was mustard algae. This is the first year I’ve had algae and I’ve only had to SLAM at the beginning of previous seasons. I’m very diligent in thoroughly brushing and properly maintaining the water chemistry so I’m surprised it is mustard algae but after reading about it, checks all the boxes. I will SLAM again and follow the extra mustard algae steps. Much appreciated!

Reactions: mknauss
It may or may not be, but if it is, then that’s the protocol to follow. Don’t forget to brush everywhere, including nooks and crannies.

Reactions: kdseibel
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.