Peristaltic pump in hot climate

llamafilm

Jan 16, 2022
Southern California
Pool Size
Chlorine
Liquid Chlorine
I’m thinking about installing a peristaltic pump on my hot tub to add liquid chlorine daily, automated by Home Assistant. From my reading so far, it sounds like Stenner is the most popular brand of pump, but their specs say maximum operating temperature of 104°F. I live in the desert where the temperature is higher than this all summer, sometimes reaching 125. Does anyone have experience with Stenner or other types of pump in a hot climate?

Indeed that is annoying, the chlorine disappears within 24 hours. Are you implying that I should switch to bromine? My local pool supply store doesn't carry that so I made the decision to use liquid chlorine a long time ago. Maybe I should go back and reconsider that.
Then again, I don't really use the spa during the hot summer months, so maybe the pump would survive.

What brand of spa? What equipment?
Chlorine depletion is caused by many things, some intentional. You may have a good ozone or UV system and it's doing exactly what it's supposed to, or biofilm growing in your pipes eating up your fc and you need to purge with ahhsome.
Post a detailed description of your maintenance routine and chemicals used, any symptoms (cloudy water, odor, etc), and the equipment used or a pic of the equipment area, circuit board, and wiring diagram on the control box cover.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.