My_Hiatus

Apr 22, 2024
Central Texas
Pool Size
Surface
Plaster
Chlorine
Liquid Chlorine
I'm new to the forum and wish I found it sooner. I've been searching for drain mod for a Pentair filter housing. So since it's time to clean the filters again, I was able to put together a great drain pipe.

1-1/2 thread to 1-1/4 F
1-1/4 F to M 90D elbow
1-1/4 90D elbow
1-1/2 1/4 turn pipe

I cut half of both sleeves on the 1-1/4F side of the thread and the 1-1/4 sleeve on the 90D elbow so that it made an exact fit below filter housing.
1-1/4 pipe between both 1-1/4 elbows and 1/4 turn pipe are cut 4 inches. I'll connect a 10ft 1-1/2 in pipe from 1/4 turn to drain that's away from house
There's about 4 inch space to work in. Filter Drain mod.jpgFilter Drain mod.jpg

Welcome to TFP.

Nice hack.

What model filter is that?

I keep telling myself I'm going to do the same. It won't clean the cartridges but it will remove the gobs of crud swirling around in there, helping just the same.

One of these days I'll actually get around to it too. Lol.

Nice job MH !!!

Awesome.. after the last PVC Elbow, 90 Degrees, Socket x Socket, 1-1/4 in ... @My_Hiatus what do you have setup and sizing, adapter bushings etc from the straight 1-1/4" pipe to the value?

1713820492308.png

Last edited:
I keep telling myself I'm going to do the same. It won't clean the cartridges but it will remove the gobs of crud swirling around in there, helping just the same.

One of these days I'll actually get around to it too. Lol.

Nice job MH !!!
Glad to be here ! And thankuverymuch NewDude. My filter is the Quad DE

Reactions: Newdude
Awesome.. after the last PVC Elbow, 90 Degrees, Socket x Socket, 1-1/4 in ... what do you have setup and sizing, adapter bushings etc from the straight 1-1/4" pipe to the value?

View attachment 566683
Tomas21, right after the last 90D elbow is a 4in 1-1/4 pipe into
1-1/4 to 1-1/2 sleeve which slides into
1/4 turn 1-1/2 with a cut 1-1/2 pipe sticking out.
I'm thinking of adding a Y-pipe to combine both backwash and filter drain and send to my French drain

Reactions: tomas21

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support