Atlanta
Pool Size
Surface
Fiberglass
Chlorine
Salt Water Generator
SWG Type
Pentair Intellichlor IC-40
Hi everyone, so I have a Pentair variable speed pump 3 hp and during the recent extreme cold spells the pump cracked. I need to replace it and now I understand that there’s a new vvariable speed intelliflow 3! which one would you recommend for my pool? 22,000 gallons? Thanks.

R,

Both would work..

The new IntelliFlo3 is a new design and has a larger wet end. It is not directly interchangeable with the older IntelliFlo, so some plumbing will need to be moved or adjusted so that it will fit.

This is not much of an issue for some, and a huge issue for others that don't have a lot of extra space on their equipment pad.

The older IntelliFlo is controlled by RS-485 if you have automation and by a key pad at the pump if you do not have automation. The new IntelliFlo3 can be controlled by an app, or by RS-485 com port. It has has limited control right at the pump, but you can buy an optional key pad, but that kind of blows the price point of the pump.

In theory the new IntelliFlo3 is more energy efficient. Not sure that matters much if you run either pump mostly at low RPMs.

Thanks,

Jim R.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.