Pentaire heater help

Winterhater

Silver Supporter
Mar 27, 2022
Minnesota
My pentaire gas heater works. However, when it reaches the temp I set on the easy touch and heater instead of shutting off it will say 70 degrees, and the service button comes on. It appears to blow out colder air from the vent so I do think it stops heating. I don’t know if this is normal. I thought the heater would shut off when it reaches desired temp?This is a pic of the heater I have and it seems to be functioning fine. First year with this pool. Any help appreciated

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    387.7 KB · Views: 3
It’s the heater that has the service light. This time the pool heated up to 70 and I set it to 71. It did shut off after it hit 70. Curious as to why it didn’t shut off at 71 degrees. The easy touch seems to be so quirky.

It’s the heater that has the service light. This time the pool heated up to 70 and I set it to 71. It did shut off after it hit 70. Curious as to why it didn’t shut off at 71 degrees. The easy touch seems to be so quirky.
Which service light is on, there are two? Is the heater set to 104? Where the heater measures temperature, internally and the E Z Touch does, in a pipe, often read slightly different.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.