Pentair whisperflo sucking air

Cliff3214

In The Industry
May 15, 2023
Mi
Hi, I’m new here and could really use some advice. I have a 2hp pentair wisperflo that has an air leak I can’t find. It’s a dual pump system and the second pump is fine so I know the air leak has to be like right at the pump somewhere. I swapped the tops on the two pumps in case there was something I couldn’t see wrong with the one and no change. Double checked both plugs, checked the bolts on the gate valve, I can’t find it anywhere and don’t really know where else to look.

Is there a chance it’s the impeller seal?

Or if anyone has any other ideas I would much appreciate any ideas anyone has.

Thanks in advance.

If you’re sure it’s a suction leak try shaving cream or smoke and see if anything gets pulled in with the pipes running.

I will do that first thing in the morning but I did spray water and use silicone gasket lube anywhere I could like smeared around seams annd such) and it didn’t do anything.

Do you have any thoughts on the impeller seal possibly? I have a kit coming but I’m not even sure if that could leak air.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.