Gold Supporter
Jul 22, 2017
Richland,wa
Pool Size
Surface
Fiberglass
Chlorine
Liquid Chlorine
Does anyone have an UltraTemp running without the smart panel? (We thought automation was included with our installation, but that's another story...grrrr.)

I would like to know if having the heat pump/chiller set to "on", but flow too low (so heatpump won't kick on), will harm the heat pump OR will it simply not run and then just kick on when the flow is sufficient and clear the low flow error?

Since we don't have the smart panel, I have to set the heater/chiller manually. I was thinking that I could program my VSP to run higher RPMs from 3:00-7:00 am to maximize chiller operation overnight without having to run the chiller starting at bedtime while the ambient temps are higher than they would be from 3:00-7:00 am.

Hope my question makes sense. I sure don't want to harm this expensive piece of equipment by trying to be clever and save a little electricity - oh, and to avoid all that trekking back and forth to the unit.
@Jimrahbe - can you answer this question?

Last edited:
Your heat pump will be fine if you cycle it with the pressure switch.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.