pentair UltraTemp heat pump

iteach2change

Dec 24, 2023
Jacksonville, FL
Our heat pump isn’t heating the pool. The unit is only 1 year old. We have the easy touch control system. We had some bad storms the day after our pool was cleaned a week ago, and the pool turned green. So the pool cleaning company came out the following Monday (storms were over the weekend), and they set the pool to run for 24 hours bc they had shocked it. Since then the heater runs, but it’s not heating. I have no idea what to do. We have reset it. There are no alarm codes or any indication it’s not working other than the fact that the water isn’t getting warmer. We did have a different tech who came out, and I feel like they did something. Any ideas on how to make it work?

Attachments

• IMG_8370.jpeg
    IMG_8370.jpeg
    374.5 KB · Views: 5
  • IMG_8367.jpeg
    IMG_8367.jpeg
    268.6 KB · Views: 5
  • IMG_8369.jpeg
    IMG_8369.jpeg
    332.4 KB · Views: 5
  • IMG_8368.jpeg
    IMG_8368.jpeg
    386.2 KB · Views: 6
Welcome to TFP.

What model UltraTemp HP do you have? How many BTUs?

How many gallons in your pool?

Do you have a cover on your pool?

It looks like your HP is running and your pool is losing most of the heat to the cooler air temperature.

Unfortunately you are seeing the limitations of a heat pump in the winter.

I’m in Florida and temps are in the 70s still. I did not have this issue last year or even last week when it was much colder, so that is not the issue. We don’t have a cover- no need. I have attached another picture that might have some of the information you’re looking for. It was colder last week and the heater worked perfectly fine. It isn’t heating at all- no hot water is coming out of the waterfalls, which is how it usually operates. The water temp has been the same, give or take a couple of degrees, all week. IMG_8371.jpegThe pool is small and only 10,000 gallons. We were told it cannot keep up when temps drop below 60. Even when it was in the 50s last week, it was still heating to 88.

HEAT: "HEATER" is the template for a gas heater. Do you have one of these?

HEAT: "HP ONLY" is the readout it should give you if you only have a heat pump set up.

Or do you have both? Because at that point, you should have HP Preference set up with "DUAL".

I'm also assuming it's attached to automation. But you seem to have power to the HP even though the configuration appears incorrect.

Can you confirm what equipment you have? It's a good idea to add this to your signature also.

I can't give you advice on which you need to configure it with unless I know what equip is on the pad.

I have a Pentair UltraTemp heater for a saltwater pool. On the actual heater, it says the pool is idle, when the pool is clearly on. I don’t know if that makes a difference or not. I have an easy touch control board.

Attachments

• IMG_8371.jpeg
    IMG_8371.jpeg
    548.3 KB · Views: 3
  • IMG_8370.jpeg
    IMG_8370.jpeg
    374.5 KB · Views: 3
  • IMG_8369.jpeg
    IMG_8369.jpeg
    332.4 KB · Views: 3
  • IMG_8368.jpeg
    IMG_8368.jpeg
    386.2 KB · Views: 3
  • IMG_8367.jpeg
    IMG_8367.jpeg
    268.6 KB · Views: 3
I have a Pentair UltraTemp heater for a saltwater pool. On the actual heater, it says the pool is idle, when the pool is clearly on. I don’t know if that makes a difference or not. I have an easy touch control board.
I think I need to be more specific this time:

Is the UltraTemp your only heater or do you also have a MasterTemp gas heater?

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.