Pentair Tagelus TA100D Seal with Tank

Revlus

Gold Supporter
Aug 5, 2017
Hillsborough, NJ
Hello all,
I have a circa 2006 Pentair Tagelus TA100D. I can see water coming out between the tank and the first plastic insert, so figuring the o-ring needs replacement. (See blow-out diagram)
It's leaking between part 3 and the tank... so I want to replace the o-ring part 4.

Question is.... Does the whole unit (part #3) just unscrew? Counterclockwise? I didn't want to force anything if I was doing it wrong.

When putting back together I was going to spread some pool o-ring lube and re-assemble.

Thanks for any help provided. Cheers!

Pentair Tagelus ta100d.jpg

O ring (#4) goes between the valve adapter (#3) and the tank. Adapter threads into the top of the tank. Easy to do with a strap wrench. Be sure there are no cracks at the opening. Unfortunately those tanks sometimes develop a split right at the threads, though I've only seen it twice.

Reactions: Texas Splash
Thank you both for the replies..Wanted to confirm how best to get it off.
I just resealed the all the rest, and am waiting for delivery on the #4 o-ring. But.. now to get a strap wrench... I was thinking I could use one of my long metal wood clamps... might try it first.
I'll look for cracks... Don't see any on the outside though.. so fingers crossed.

Thank you both for the replies. Wanted to confirm how best to get it off.
I just resealed the all the rest, and am waiting for delivery on the #4 o-ring. But.. now to get a strap wrench... I was thinking I could use one of my long metal wood clamps... might try it first.
I'll look for cracks... Don't see any on the outside though.. so fingers crossed.

Have you sorted out your leak? I have the same TA100D filter & leak from the same spot.
But I see Pentair's special wrench for the part #3 (Pentair 151608 Adapter Wrench) runs about $250 on InyoPools Pentair PacFab Adapter Flange Wrench, TA/TR100 Sand Filters - 151608 - INYOPools.com

So I have hesitated to undertake the task. Can you update your progress?

Also,
I have used an open-ended wrench before to unscrew the nut on this clamp. That is a long & painful way of doing it.

Do any of you with experience of this clamp know of any drill attachment that would fit to make the job quicker?

https://www.amazon.com/Pentair-154512-Wrench-Replacement-Filter/dp/B002NGUVGM

Pentair Plastic Lid Wrench, 6" Closure- 154512​

$23.06
31-110-1398-xl.jpg

JamesW,

Thanks, but that appears to be the 6" version ,rather than the 8.5" version as here which is $242.
I've been using this wrench on those for a very long time. Ignore the specifications in the description:

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.