Pentair Superflo VS to Pentair Mastertemp

kwolfe

Mar 28, 2013
Central PA
Hey folks,
I'm in the end stages of having my vinyl inground finished at my house. I opted to do the electric myself which has been fine so far. Wiring the Superflo and the LED lights looks really straight forward however the instructions on the Mastertemp are a bit cryptic.

First of all, it says I can run using 120v or 240v but doesn't specify the load for each which would be helpful when deciding what breaker and gauge wire to use.

More importantly, I read about the Fireman switch which keeps the pump running after the heater turns off for 15mins. Is there a low voltage line on the heater that can be run to the pump and the two will talk (so to speak).

I know this can't be that hard. Just need a little guidance (and maybe some pictures).

Thanks all!

K,

Unfortunately, your pump cannot talk to the heater... There is a low voltage control connector on the pump, but it is for external control of the pump's speeds..

I'm not really a heater guy, but I believe the fireman's switch allows automation systems to turn the heater on/off. I don't believe it has anything to do with keeping the pump running after the heater is shut off..

Sorry, but the world of pool automation is lost in the 60's... :p

Thanks for posting,

Jim R.

So last question. The heater comes wired for 240v but the manual says there is a 120v plug that can be swapped to switch it. I rather use this and save panel space, especially because I can't imagine it draws much current at all even at 120v.

Do those plugs come with the unit or do they need to be purchased separately?

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.