Merrick/NY (Long Island)
Pool Size
Surface
Vinyl
Chlorine
Salt Water Generator
SWG Type
CircuPool RJ-60 Plus
New pool owner, this site is super helpful. I've settled on replacing my 1-1/2 HP Hayward Superpump with a VS pump. Thinking of the Pentair 342001 Superflo VS 1.5 HP from Amazon for $645. Would like some input from others, especially if you have the pump.

Are you happy with it? Pentair gets a lot of love on this site, is it just for the intelliflo or the superflo too? It seems to me like it's really more like a 4 speed pump than variable speed. Is that true? Can u change the 4 preset settings to different rpm or are they permanently set at the factory. I assume they aren't adjustable, so my follow up would be how limiting do u find that? Are the "entry level" VS pumps from the competitors the same way?

Any other thoughts on the pump or its competitors would be greatly appreciated.

Ron

I have the pump. It is a true VS pump as you can Change the preset settings to any RPM. It is very quite and powerful. So far it is excellent, but I have only had it a little over a month. The main difference I found between this one and others is it can run off of 240 or 120 volt.

Ron,

The Pentair VS is a great little pump as long as you are not trying to control it with automation.

Many of our members have it and love it...

As brunnesa points out.. it is a true VS pump and is not limited to just 4 set-in-stone speeds...

Thanks for posting,

Jim R.

- - - Updated - - -

Pentair has no competitors when it comes to pool pumps... :p

Thanks guys. I think I'm sold. I'm glad to hear it's loved here too. When I searched the forums I found a lot of intelliflo love. Glad too that can change the 4 settings. Little less convenient than its older brother I guess but sure I can live with that. Not worried about automation at this point. My setup doesn't have much going on (no solar, swg, water features, etc) just looking to save some electrical.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.