Pentair Superflo VS priming issue

Rotten1

Jul 30, 2023
DFW
Hello,
I’m having Issues priming a Pentair Superflo VS pump. There is very low water flow. I replaced volute lid and O ring. Made sure impeller is rotating, check for pump output and filter for blockage. Controller shows 3450 RPM but only draws 1.5 Amps. Can't tell if the pump/motor is culprit or inlet water supply. However, when I use a sump pump connected to my skimmer, and take off the volute lid, a was able to verify good inlet flow. I put the lid back on and ran pump with the sump pump connected to one of my 2 skimmers and has good water flow but then it went bad again after turning off sump pump. Is it possible to have Volute issue ? Leaning towards a pump but want a 2nd opinion... pump is only 2.5 years old...seems like current draw should be a lot higher than 1.5 Amps. Thx

Welcome to the forum.
May want to split the motor from the pump. See if the impeller is attached to the motor.

Problem Resolved! Found broken O-Ring on 3 Port Jandy Valve connected to pump inlet. Could not find leak with garden hose but was able to see bubbles using dish soap on valve upon pump shutdown. Replaced O-Ring and pump primed normally (no air bubbles in filter bowl). Apparently 1.6 Amps at 3000 RPM is normal with little to no water flow. Once pump was primed, reading changed to 6.5 Amps. Thanks !

Reactions: mknauss
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.