Pentair SunTouch programming (P/N 520784) VS-3050 and Booster Pump

GM_SJC

Jul 12, 2023
San Jose, CA
Surface
Plaster
Chlorine
Liquid Chlorine
Folks, I am first time pool owner, lots of anxiety about self maintaining the pool. Previous owner after the close rented the property back for a month. They stopped their pool service and now, we are in process of renovating the place. So essentially no water treatment for about 2months and pool has turned green. As soon as I move in, in a week's time, I will start working on the pool myself. I am trying to make sure that I understand what equipment is installed. Below is what I have and then I will describe my struggle:

- Filter: Pentair FNSP 24
- Pump: IntelliPro VS-3050
- Booster Pump: Boost-Rite LA-MS05
- Suntouch P/N 520784
- Pool vaccum: Polaris P39

There is no solar, there is no heater, no spa. All I am trying to figure out is how can I set schedule for the pump and pool vaccum. I have done following setup that I believe is relevant for my use case.

Advanced 8/14 -> System Mode: Pool/Spa, System Type -> Single Body
Pumps 12/14 -> Intellifo VS -> Circuit Setup (1-8) 1-pool, Assign Speeds (1-8) 1-RPM 2000
Schedules 4/14 -> Schedules: [LOW, HIGH, AUX 1-3, FT 1-4]
[Question 1] In Schedule, I do not see POOL, so does it mean that my pump is attached to AUX1? Can someone confirm please?
[Question 2] What about booster pump, is booster pump turns on along with main pump or is it connected to AUX2?
[Question 3] What about Circuit On/Off 1/14 Filter Pump: [Circuit ON/Off - Low: On/Off]? Do I need to do anything with this menu item or should I leave it OFF?
[Question 4] How does Polaris P39 runs? Does it run with booster pump? How can I control schedule of Booster Pump?

Any help will be much appreciated.

Folks, I am first time pool owner, lots of anxiety about self maintaining the pool. Previous owner after the close rented the property back for a month. They stopped their pool service and now, we are in process of renovating the place. So essentially no water treatment for about 2months and pool has turned green. As soon as I move in, in a week's time, I will start working on the pool myself. I am trying to make sure that I understand what equipment is installed. Below is what I have and then I will describe my struggle:

- Filter: Pentair FNSP 24
- Pump: IntelliPro VS-3050
- Booster Pump: Boost-Rite LA-MS05
- Suntouch P/N 520784
- Pool vaccum: Polaris P39

There is no solar, there is no heater, no spa. All I am trying to figure out is how can I set schedule for the pump and pool vaccum. I have done following setup that I believe is relevant for my use case.

Advanced 8/14 -> System Mode: Pool/Spa, System Type -> Single Body
Pumps 12/14 -> Intellifo VS -> Circuit Setup (1-8) 1-pool, Assign Speeds (1-8) 1-RPM 2000
Schedules 4/14 -> Schedules: [LOW, HIGH, AUX 1-3, FT 1-4]
[Question 1] In Schedule, I do not see POOL, so does it mean that my pump is attached to AUX1? Can someone confirm please?
[Question 2] What about booster pump, is booster pump turns on along with main pump or is it connected to AUX2?
[Question 3] What about Circuit On/Off 1/14 Filter Pump: [Circuit ON/Off - Low: On/Off]? Do I need to do anything with this menu item or should I leave it OFF?
[Question 4] How does Polaris P39 runs? Does it run with booster pump? How can I control schedule of Booster Pump?

Any help will be much appreciated.
Polaris needs the booster pump to run. Filter pump should be on for at least 15 minutes before the booster turns on, they can't run dry or will be damaged. Should be a separate relay for the booster as #1 is always for the filter pump. Intelliflo should not be on any relay, it requires constant power to operate.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.