Pentair Solartouch display shows incorrect water temperature

Flbeachluvr

Bronze Supporter
Mar 19, 2016
Port Orange, FL
We have a Pentair Solartouch control system for our solar. I recently noticed that it is showing the water temperature as much higher than it actually is. I have a floating thermometer and my Blue Essence salt system also displays the water temperature. Yesterday the Solartouch said my water was at 97 degrees while the thermometer and the salt system both read 92.

Where does the Solartouch actually get it's temperature reading and is there a way to calibrate it or something?

There could be a probe in a pipe near the Solartouch. Maybe that's going bad. On my pool it's stuck right through the pipe and held in place with a metal hose clamp.

Sorry, I don't have a Solartouch, but all my temp sensors can be calibrated. If they can on a Solartouch, it's just a matter of finding the right menu screen.

I just found it on page 10 of the manual I downloaded from Pentair's website.

There is also a chart towards the back that gives you data about how to test the sensor to see if it's correctly reading temperature.

There should be cables coming out of the bottom of the Solartouch. One will lead to the water temp sensor.

- - - Updated - - -

Try this link:

SolarTouch Solar Control System - Pool and Spa Controllers & Automation - Pentair

Well, there's no guarantee that the manual online goes to the actual version of Solartouch you might have... But I suspect every version of Solartouch has this capability.

- - - Updated - - -

The sudden shift in temp reading is a mystery, though. The sensor is basically a resistor. It's possible that the connection of the sensor to the Solartouch has accumulated some corrosion that has altered the resistance in some way. Worth a look to see if that connection is still tight and clean (if you're comfortable with wiring such things).

Shut down your pump(s), and anything else running, and then all the breakers to the pad before you start messing with the Solartouch wiring.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.