Pentair Screenlogic2 initial setup troubleshooting

Retthood2

Jan 13, 2023
Florida
Background: my pool builder abandoned the project at the plaster stage so I was left to figure out how to automate the system. I have a Pentair Easytouch and Intellflow3 VSF. I purchased the Screenlogic2 kit and followed the instructions in the manual and also by watching videos online to exacting detail. I ensured all wiring is correct and tight. Nothing was installed with the system power ON. No matter what I do, I cannot get the ScreenLogic Connect app to find the system.
Clues:
-App will only say "Searching for System Controller"
-Indoor antenna has a solid power light and Rx light. Tx light doesn't even flicker.
-Outdoor antenna circuit board lights have one solid light (bottom) and a flashing light on the left and no light on the right. They aren't labeled so I can't be sure what they represent. Perhaps the flashing light is the transmit light, which is why the "Receive" light is solid on the indoor antenna?
-The Protocol Adapter has a solid red light.
-The inside and outside antennas both have the same "ID."
-When the Easytouch system is in "auto" mode, I went to settings / wireless address and it said "scanning" then "sending address."
-There is no password on the system.
-The indoor and outdoor antennas are perhaps 30 ft away, as the router set up is in a laundry room directly above the panel.
- I have tried moving both antennas to varying locations away from other potential sources of interference around their spaces.
-I've been unable to really make any sense of looking at the connections on my router. There are a couple of "unknown" connections but none that have any of the identifying numbers for the protocol adapter. The ethernet cable plug in area flashes with both orange and yellow lights on the indoor antenna indicating that it's somehow communicating with the router.
I will attach pictures of my setup and maybe someone can point me in the right direction. I purchased the kit from an Amazon seller for $765 inc. tax, and not sure if I can send the kit back after it's opened or if I will be forced to deal with Pentair's warranty system. Will they allow warranty work if an authorized electrician or service tech didn't install it? Any help is much appreciated!!
IMG_5002.jpegIMG_4999.jpegIMG_4908.jpegIMG_5004.jpgIMG_5001.jpg

I use to have this setup. Just spitballing here. Have you tried resetting the protocol adapter. Use a paper clip and push the reset button. Try one long push. If that doesn’t work, try 3 pushes.

Nope. Just the flashing red light from what I remember. What kind of router are you using? I’m not very smart on this stuff, but you might have to reserve an IP address for it. Seems like it has issues with DHCP. You might check if your router has a firewall on it that might block it. Hopefully someone smarter than me will chime in.

The protocol adapter sits in between the wireless link box and your router.

You have the Cat5 cable connected to the wireless link box (red X below). It should go into the PA (Green arrow).

IMG_1193.jpeg

Yep! That was it! My fault for watching a Youtube Video and not catching that the CAT5 wiring wasn't right. Works like a charm now!
We are glad you have found our information helpful. Please, if you can, consider making a donation to TFP. We are staffed by volunteers and are registered as an IRS 501 (c) (3) charity and donations are what keeps the forum operating without advertisements.

Support TFP!