Pentair Screenlogic2 and Easy Touch

Just received our ScreenLogic bundle, and tried to download the software on our computer but our antivirus detects it as a threat and deletes it! Going to have to override that mess.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Would suggest to also right click on Windows desktop the Screen Connect icon and enter properties. Ensure you're opening the app in Administrator mode. Very important. May not be antivirus issue.

The intelliflos have their own built in timer and speed controls that you can set to run if your Easytouch panel is not set up.

Whatever you program in ScreenLogic applies to the panel controls as well. You should really just think of it as an extension of the panel not some magical wireless standalone app.

When they do go to program everything (or you do it) it would be best to do it in ScreenLogic for no other reason than it being so much easier to do.

ok brian thanks man! i just wired in the interface in the house and the panel. waiting on my buddy. we are going to do the load wires and circuit board hookups needed together. i guess i can pull it up on screen logic to mess with programming if the pool isn't ready to run yet? can i just go in to see if i can see everything? i should if the panel has power and the circuits for heater, lights and pump are one right?

i really want to do this myself. i do programming for automation for homes but never did a pool. i have tied a pool into a automation setup, but the pool was already setup. i was just using a module.

jim

jim

all good man. electrical side at least. we just finished. we confirmed power to panel, we confirmed filter pump relay powers on and off, aux 1 for pool lights transformer gets power with turning it on and off, heater turns on and off.

i didn't get my actuators yet and i don't have the sensors hooked up yet. salt cell is obviously not in the plumb yet. we have the dummy pvc on in.

so let me ask you this.

to see the equipment on screen logic. do i only need to have the panel power on or do the circuit breakers for the pump, transformer for lights, and heater need to be on also?

just wondering. cause if so i'll wait to play till pool is up and going.

thanks man,
jim

d,

Welcome to TFP... A Great resource for all your pool questions... :drown:

Installation of ScreenLogic has no effect on your current wireless control panels. You can have both your current panels as well as ScreenLogic.

ScreenLogic (P/N 520500) can be installed with a 4-wire cable cable between your EasyTouch and somewhere near your home router or by the included wireless transceivers. If you go wireless you would just have two antennas at your EasyTouch.

If you use a 4-wire cable, you just need to make sure the wires are big enough and not tiny like an Ethernet style cable.

Thanks for posting,

Jim R.

Thanks Jim. I see Pentair also sells a kit that bundles the ScreenLogic with a wireless kit (P/N 522104), sample link below. I've seen a couple logical diagrams that try to explain the connectivity, but they include a ScreenLogic wireless router (device that is separate from my home wireless router) that is confusing me. However, the 522104 kit makes not mention of this proprietary wireless router. Can you explain how the connections would actually work?

Here is what I imagine, correct me if I'm wrong.
1. External wireless transceiver, mounted on side of house, connected to EasyTouch power center COM port. I believe the small circuit board goes inside the transceiver housing, and is connected to the power center via the single white 10' cable provided in the kit?
2. Internal wireless transceiver, placed inside the home, ideally near my wireless router.
3. Protocol adapter, connected to the internal wireless transceiver via 4-wire terminated cable provided in the kit. If so, the cable is already terminated, but the protocol adapter has screw-down terminals. How do I make that connection? Are the screw-down terminals removable so I can simply connect the terminated cable directly?
4. Protocol adapter connects via RJ45 (ethernet) to my home wireless router.

Sorry for all the questions, but some of the stuff I found online is contradicting, in terms of connection points.

https://www.sunplay.com/pentair-scr...eless-522104?gclid=CM7n6LuIhdUCFZS6wAod3WMBEQ

Just the ET power. The panel just does what it's told, it has no idea if it's actually doing it. Pool automation is not nearly as advanced as what you are used to seeing.

lol ok cool thanks man. felt like it when i was in that panel tonight. i think it was harder wiring wise cause u are dealing with line voltage along with low volt. with home automation u are dealing with just low volt and everything is just plugged in. i'm going to play with it tomorrow when they r plastering.

i appreciate all the info today.

thanks,
jim

Thanks Jim. I see Pentair also sells a kit that bundles the ScreenLogic with a wireless kit (P/N 522104), sample link below. I've seen a couple logical diagrams that try to explain the connectivity, but they include a ScreenLogic wireless router (device that is separate from my home wireless router) that is confusing me. However, the 522104 kit makes not mention of this proprietary wireless router. Can you explain how the connections would actually work?

Here is what I imagine, correct me if I'm wrong.
1. External wireless transceiver, mounted on side of house, connected to EasyTouch power center COM port. I believe the small circuit board goes inside the transceiver housing, and is connected to the power center via the single white 10' cable provided in the kit?
2. Internal wireless transceiver, placed inside the home, ideally near my wireless router.
3. Protocol adapter, connected to the internal wireless transceiver via 4-wire terminated cable provided in the kit. If so, the cable is already terminated, but the protocol adapter has screw-down terminals. How do I make that connection? Are the screw-down terminals removable so I can simply connect the terminated cable directly?
4. Protocol adapter connects via RJ45 (ethernet) to my home wireless router.

Sorry for all the questions, but some of the stuff I found online is contradicting, in terms of connection points.

https://www.sunplay.com/pentair-scr...eless-522104?gclid=CM7n6LuIhdUCFZS6wAod3WMBEQ

All is correct except the protocol adapter doesn't have screw terminals, it has a plug connector that the provided jumper has that joins the protocol adapter to the wireless transceiver.

Everything on the router side is plug and play

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.