Pentair ScreenLogic app and EasyTouch Remote cannot connect ERROR: Address Invalid

marjo498

Feb 26, 2022
Houston, TX
I am no longer able to remotely connect to my Pentair system. There is an old thread in here with a solution that did not work for me,e.g., resetting 3 times the protocol adapter. I have restarted the wireless link, verified that the antenna had power, verified that all the devices are on with green lights Tx, Rx. However, still not able to connect. Like someone in here before me, I am getting the exact same server errors as below when starting my system from my Mac. However, I have not changed any software or hardware. This system has been working fine since late 2015

- Discovery Service: xx.xxx
- Connecting to Discovery Service...
- Connected.
- Sending GATEWAY remote connection request...
- Remote connection authorized.
- Found system at :0.
- Connecting to System at :0...
- Direct connection failed.
- ERROR: Cannot connect. Address Invalid.

M,

When the WiFi on your phone is on, and you open ScreenLogic it should ask you to if you want to connect "Local" or "Remote"

Does your system work when you select "Local" It may just automatically connect. If it works local, then it means your Wireless links are working and your Protocol Adapter is working.

Do you have a password set up for your "Remote" access?

Did you get any new network equipment or routers?

Thanks,

Jim R.

It does not work at home on my ‘Local’ network using the Local connection path. Also, it does not work when I am not home, using my cellular or any other wifi, using the Remote path. Both paths use to work fine for many years. Stopped working last Friday. I have not changed anything on the system, or my internet equipment at home. the Pentair connection devices show to have power and the Tx and Rx lights blink as if they are talking to the main system outside. Similarly, the antenna outside shows the power, and the TX and RX LEDs are blinking normally.

I would suggest you try powering down and restarting your router. That should reconnect all the devices.

Have you tried powering down all the Pentair equipment? Grasping here.
My ScreenLogic protocol adapter is connected to a wireless access point at the Easytouch so do not have the Pentair wireless link.

Yes. Sir. I Powered down (reset) the EasyTouch panel, the wireless link, and the Pentair protocol adapter. Also, I reset (3 times) the protocol adapter. the key is that screenLogic software on my computer does not see the protocol adapter in the local systems box.

I am not sure what is going on. The protocol adapter should have an IP address. Call Pentair I guess.

I am no longer able to remotely connect to my Pentair system. There is an old thread in here with a solution that did not work for me,e.g., resetting 3 times the protocol adapter. I have restarted the wireless link, verified that the antenna had power, verified that all the devices are on with green lights Tx, Rx. However, still not able to connect. Like someone in here before me, I am getting the exact same server errors as below when starting my system from my Mac. However, I have not changed any software or hardware. This system has been working fine since late 2015

- Discovery Service: xx.xxx
- Connecting to Discovery Service...
- Connected.
- Sending GATEWAY remote connection request...
- Remote connection authorized.
- Found system at :0.
- Connecting to System at :0...
- Direct connection failed.
- ERROR: Cannot connect. Address Invalid.
did you ever find a solution?

did you ever find a solution?
Not sure if the original poster did but I was having the same problem and the solution is to use a paper clip to hit the reset button 3 times (or more, doing it just 3 times didn't work for me, so I pressed it repeatedly until I saw the port light on my ethernet switch go out). It will reset the protocol adapter and get it to release the internally assigned IP address. The problem occurs when you upgrade or change out a router and the protocol adapter retains the settings from the old router.

Reactions: Jimrahbe

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
I did what @Jimrahbe reported, and it worked for me as well. Pressing the reset just three times did not work for me, but pressing it repeatedly (about 5 or 6 times) until the link light on the network switch went out worked perfectly. Nothing else (such as power cycling the device) made any difference. Thanks to Jim for the missing clue.

I did what @Jimrahbe reported, and it worked for me as well. Pressing the reset just three times did not work for me, but pressing it repeatedly (about 5 or 6 times) until the link light on the network switch went out worked perfectly. Nothing else (such as power cycling the device) made any difference. Thanks to Jim for the missing clue.

the 3 x press not working here either thus the continuous research mode.

Question when you said you did it 5-6 times and the "link light on the network switch ...":

there are 2 tiny holes with leds on the PA box next to the ethernet cable. Those are OFF for me. Including the light on the switch port that I typically expect to flash with activity. Both of those are OFF for me. Are they on for you?

I was on a long wait with Pentair reporting that I can't access my SL. They were not able to help. however during the troubleshooting, I noticed at least one of those 2 tiny pinhole lights lit up. Briefly, but it was enough for support to say the device isn't dead. I'm fairly convinced it is gone since I don't see lights on the network ports. I do see a solid red light on the PA as well as Green light on the antenna side. Other than that, no other lights and I can't connect to it locally. I've gone as far as isolating it to it's own switch with only 2 devices on it: my laptop to connect and the PA itself. nana

Red light or not, I'm fairly certain I have a blown PA since I'm not getting the network activity light anywhere on the PA or my switch ports. Spent hours on with Pentair and they agreed to warranty it. Actually took 2 separate calls to convince them, but at the end of the day it was a successful warranty call-in since I got the outcome I needed. Pentair said it was a simple swap of the PA as the remote kit was reusable. Replacement in route and hope to have the system fully back online.

the 3 x press not working here either thus the continuous research mode.

Question when you said you did it 5-6 times and the "link light on the network switch ...":

there are 2 tiny holes with leds on the PA box next to the ethernet cable. Those are OFF for me. Including the light on the switch port that I typically expect to flash with activity. Both of those are OFF for me. Are they on for you?

I was on a long wait with Pentair reporting that I can't access my SL. They were not able to help. however during the troubleshooting, I noticed at least one of those 2 tiny pinhole lights lit up. Briefly, but it was enough for support to say the device isn't dead. I'm fairly convinced it is gone since I don't see lights on the network ports. I do see a solid red light on the PA as well as Green light on the antenna side. Other than that, no other lights and I can't connect to it locally. I've gone as far as isolating it to it's own switch with only 2 devices on it: my laptop to connect and the PA itself. nana
I was experiencing the same issue. Tried pressing reset multiple times with no luck. I then tried holding down the reset button for 10 seconds and had success. Seems the right status lights on the screenlogic wireless device is solid green on far left of 3 and occasional amber blinking from the far right of the 3 status lights. Hope this helps someone, because it is very frustrating!