Pentair Salt Cell "Green" but not producing Cl

coog61

Nov 6, 2009
Richmond, TX
Up to a few days ago, all was running well. Now while the "Good" Salt light on the Pentair IC40 is green and NO Errors, the control panel shows 0 ppm for salt. Not producing Cl. :(The PS (I know, I know) gave a reading of 3500 ppm and the TDS meter showed 2800 ppm. Any ideas? Strange that the communications between the cell and panel appears to be good.
Thanks

Just because the salt level reads zero, does not meant the cell is not producing chlorine... This a known and recent issue that has been reported a lot lately.

The key is.. does the cell really think the salt is zero, or is it just reporting zero to the EasyTouch???

Is the "Cell" light on your IntelliChlor green or not. If it is green then the cell is producing chlorine. Keep in mind that the "Cell" light will go on and off with the percentage of use.. So if your percentage is 50% then the cell light will be on about 2.5 minutes and off for about 2.5 minutes. If the percentage is set to 100% then the Cell light should never go off.

If your cell is still under warranty, then you should report it to your Pool builder, or Pentair, and let them take care of it.

If not under warranty then the problem is more of a pain than a real issue. If the cell really thinks the salt level is low, it will turn on the red low salt lights. Other than not knowing the salt level at the EasyTouch, all you need to do is use your test kit to determine the actual salt level and make sure the low salt light on the cell stays off. A pain, I know, but better than spending money on a new cell.

At this point, I am not sure that even Pentair knows the actual cause...

Thanks,

Jim R.

No doubt that you might have a dead cell, but the zero salt reading has little to do with it.

If the Cell light is green then it should be producing chlorine..

Were your old cells covered in scale when you replaced them??

Thanks,

Jim R.

Re: Pentair Salt Cell "Green" but not producing Cl

No doubt that you might have a dead cell, but the zero salt reading has little to do with it.

If the Cell light is green then it should be producing chlorine..

Were your old cells covered in scale when you replaced them??

Thanks,

Jim R.

Jim - in all the years with this pool (and all my cells), i've never had scale.

- - - Updated - - -

Call your Pool Builder or Pentair and have them fix it under warranty..

Jim R.

With Pentair, is it better to contact them via the form on their website or phone? I registered the cell when I bought it in March

Re: Pentair Salt Cell "Green" but not producing Cl

Jim - in all the years with this pool (and all my cells), i've never had scale.

- - - Updated - - -

With Pentair, is it better to contact them via the form on their website or phone? I registered the cell when I bought it in March

if under warranty I called direct. They setup work order and have a repair guy contact u in 3 days.

We only have 1 repair guy in 80 miles of me and he never called me so then it went through my builder cause I bought everything from him.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Guess I'll jump on the bandwagon. IC40 with 0 PPM. Tried the diagnostic (pressing MORE for six seconds) and the Cold Water / Power light lit up red which suggests a bad sensor.

I will try to contact my pool builder tomorrow. 2018 build with equipment install around April.

A belated update ... I contacted Pentair via the form on their site and after a week ... no response. I called ready for a battle and after explaining the issue and them seeing it was under warranty, they easily agreed to send out a tech to replace. Excellent.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.