Pentair (S200 rebadge) impeller motor help

Mar 21, 2011
Grosse Tete LA
Have gotten 2 full years on a S200 rebadged bought from Marina. Been looking into DYI impeller repair since mine had been getting slower then finally wouldn't pass the self test. My motor has motor model #s LXP1610219B0979, 52ZY24-50, 5500026. After searching, what I've done is follow the video I saw here on TFP-

While the S200 was a bit different than the video, I did get some replacement bearings and brushes on the way. The brushes seem to be used up evenly down to about 40%. Lot of brush powder that was cleaned out. The bearings spin fine, but the impeller shaft seal seems to be the drag that I feel when trying to spin the impeller. Am I correct that the brass assembly is a shaft seal and not a bearing. It seems from past posts here that while brushes and bearings can be sourced, not much is mentioned about the shaft seal.

Seems like all I can do with the motor is bearings Amazon.com, brushes Amazon.com and refill the shaft seal with silicone paste. Am I on the right track?

Many posts with same issue - no one has successfully repaired that I know of...
There is a supply of motors from Israel on eBay that several have reported worked, but the motor is of unknown origin (used, new, rebuilt, etc).

Reactions: paulbot
What you’re likely going to find is that you can repair the impeller motor and get it running again (that’s what I did) but the drive motor will be the next one to fail the self test. Along with failing the self test (too much current draw) the shaft seals will also leak. Water in the motor assembly is pretty much the death of the unit. It’s basically a cascade of failures and you’re on the down slope of this roller coaster. So your choices are - (1) but a new motor assembly for $450+, OR (2) buy a new robot (~$1000). Most of the time it’s more wise to exit the crazy-chain of DIY repair and just buy new. Sadly you only got 2 years out of your robot which totally sucks. But outside the warranty repair period, it makes little sense to sink so much money into repairs.

Give it try with new bearings and brushes, but don’t count on getting much more than another few months or year out of the unit.

Sadly you only got 2 years out of your robot which totally sucks. But outside the warranty repair period, it makes little sense to sink so much money into repairs.
I'd triple check what credit card was used and if extended warranty extension is in play given the 2 year time frame.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.