Pentair Pumps with Wifi- Worth it?

Gigama

Apr 26, 2015
Denton Texas
Hey everybody. Pool season is upon us and I am looking to upgrade my filter and pump. I have to stick with sand as I live on a hill and the pool gets flooded when we get mega downpours, as my french drains can't keep up with the water and it turns into a lake. So then I have to do a bunch of floc/clarifier backwash stuff and from what I can tell sand it the best option for situations like this.

Anyway, I am looking at the Intelliflo Pentair VSF with the relay board so I can control it from my phone on the Pentair app and eliminate the need for external timer boxes, freeze guard box, etc. Do any of you have any experience or opinions on the value of the wifi control or the Pentair VSF in general? Pool is only about 15k gallons.

Thanks in advance everybody. Have a good one

G,

Not sure I fully understand.. The relay card has nothing to do with controlling the pump??? The card can control two external devices..

The pump can be controlled by Wi-Fi using an app.

For members that have a Pentair automation system, the Wi-Fi is pretty useless..

But, for those without an automation system, it seems to be a great option. Not sure it if the app has anything related to freeze mode. :scratch:

The size of the pool has nothing to do with buying a VS pump... :mrgreen:

At this point in time, if my old IntelliFlo pump failed today, I'd order the IntelliFlo3, without the relay card, and with the display.

Thanks,

Jim R.