Pentair Pump wiring to relay

RSM99

Aug 30, 2023
San Diego CA
Hi - I have a 240 v single speed pentair whisperflo pump, working fine for years. I am changing some wiring to panel and noticed that the electrician wired my pump to the LINE side of relay and the 2 hots from main breaker to the LOAD side of the relay. Everything has been working fine and so I assume this OK? But I am in the panel and easy to change if necessary. Thx!

Hi - I have a 240 v single speed pentair whisperflo pump, working fine for years. I am changing some wiring to panel and noticed that the electrician wired my pump to the LINE side of relay and the 2 hots from main breaker to the LOAD side of the relay. Everything has been working fine and so I assume this OK? But I am in the panel and easy to change if necessary. Thx!
It is safer for the next guy who works on the system to have it wired as labeled. But as you can see, it doesn't matter for it to function as it should. The relay, when actuated just connects the two terminals.
Usually, I'm the next guy.

Reactions: Jimrahbe
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.