Pentair Pool System: water fall and bubbler causing svrs :clear drain alarm

Newbie01

Jun 21, 2019
Lemoore
Hi,

We have a month old pool. All system is Pentair. Everything was working great until now. Our PB turned off the auto fill temporary (for a few days) because of our outdoor shower (its just the pipe for now) then turned the auto fill back on when he put a cap on the outdoor shower pipe. This is the only thing that happened after the pool was built and filled. But now my system turns off after 10-15 mins when I turn on the water features (water falls and bubbler) but works great if I only have the cleaner on. When I check the system is says "SVRS: clear drain before restart" I know the system is sensitive and all but it didnt do this before so I wonder what's causing it now?

Thank you!

If your pool builder installed an IntelliFlo with the SVRS option, he should be taken out a shot!!! The standard IntelliFlo is the 'Gold' standard of pool pumps. The SVRS version is what I call the 'brown' standard of pool pumps, if you catch my drift.. :mrgreen:

I suspect your pool builder had an old SVRS version he needed to get rid of.

New pools have dual main drains and just do not need the SVRS safety features.

I know this because I have one. You should do everything in your power to get it replaced with a real pump.

You can't shut the SVRS off, and you can't adjust how sensitive it is. This makes it a useless pump if you have any kind of surge in the water flow.

If I shut off my filter air vent valve too quickly, it will go into the entrapment mode. If I turn on my waterfall when the water is just a little on the low side, it will go into the entrapment mode.. It just goes on and on.. I have a very simple pool, so I have learned to live with it. Sigh!!!

Tell your pool builder you want a new pump. If he tells you that the SVRS is required.. make him prove it.

Sorry for the bad news,

Jim R.

Reactions: JoyfulNoise
I just dont understand how come its only happening when my waterfall and bubbler is on? It used to work without issue when we started

As Jim alluded to, the internal pressure sensors on the pump are very sensitive to any change in system pressure. Any sudden changes in intake or return pressure will look like an “entrapment event” and cause the pump to throw an STOP code. It’s the way they are programmed. When you turn on your bubblers or waterfall, there’s probably enough of a pressure change that it fools the pump into thinking it’s an entrapment.

I just dont understand how come its only happening when my waterfall and bubbler is on? It used to work without issue when we started
As has been said, virtually anything that interrupts the waterflow will be interpreted by the pump as an entrapment hazard and the pump will shut off. The bubblers and waterfall introduce restriction to flow, it slows down, pump goes into "Alarm" mode. Get the builder to replace it. There is no way to turn the SVRS portion of the drive off.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.