Pentair MiniMax NT

FYI,

I just figured out that the ground wire on the transformer is extremely important. It grounds one leg of the secondary (the one that connects to the white wire). Without it the flame sensor will work erratically or not at all. If you use a generic transformer without the ground wire ground the leg going to the white wire to the chassis.

Hope this saves someone some from much frustration.

Scott

from my other thread.
Now for the heater, yesterday after cleaning the pool I fired it up and ran it on the pool setting for a while than switched it to the spa, NOW not knowing how all of the valves are to be configured for the spa setting because there were no instructions for the valve setting for the different modes of operation, I have had to learn by trial and error, so has the spa reached 83 degrees the heater lights a E02 service code, hi temp limit code, after several restarts I go to test the the sensors, the 150 degree shows an open circuit, go to test the 115 degree sensor and the tang for the wire connector fell off, so today I bought the 115 degree sensor and installed that, and just a few minutes before I started this post, I once again get the E02 code, restarted heater, will retest the 150 sensor when/if I get the code again, this has been an on going battle to get up and running.
Got the E02 code again, going to order new 150 degree sensor on Friday, the 115 is working just fine, I figure time has degraded the sensors, would love to be able to use the spa by Christmas.

Steve

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
The parts arrived this evening, nothing done on the heater or pool high winds for the last couple of days and 50's for highs here in the desert. and to add to my weekend our cat disappeared he was last seen Thursday evening before I got home from work so I spent my time trying to find him and console my depressed beautiful baby as best I can. will get heater parts installed tomorrow.
Have a gnight folks

Steve

Got the parts installed and fired up the heater, the heater brought the spa up to temp set on controller so I am glad to see that it is now working properly. On the missing cat news I received a call from a woman 3 blocks to the west of me she said that she may have seen him the other night, heading out to put up flyers down in that area.

Steve

Great news on the heater. Hope you find your cat.
Got great news today a business that is behind the house had our cat for the last 4 days, they kept him inside because of the cold windy weather we have been having, the daughter of one of the workers saw my flyer and called her and gave her the number, she called and I went over there to confirm and it was our cat. I called my beautiful baby and left her a message that he was now home, She is in Laughlin playing a slots tournament, I'm betting there were tears of joy from her, waiting for her to call when she can.

Steve

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.