Pentair Mastertemp 400 not starting through the Pentair App

dougingalls

Jul 21, 2021
Dallas, TX
Hello, I have a 6 year old Pentair Mastertemp 400 that I use regularly. I have replaced the Fenwal Ignition system, the circuit board, and the touch pad in the past.
A few days ago, I stopped being able to turn the heater on through the Pentair App. I am still able to initiate the the valve change for the oumps, but the Heater touch pad turns on (all lights come on and the display reads r04) then shuts off. However, the heater cycles on fine if I press the “Spa On” button manually on the touch pad.

Any ideas are appreciated. Thank you very much.

Regards,
Doug Ingalls

I purchased a third party board from Swimables. And my keypad has 5 buttons.
We see a lot of problems with third party MasterTemp boards. And usually the heater works fine once a genuine Pentair board is installed.

I have a 6 year old Pentair Mastertemp 400

Is the heater perpetually 6 years old?

What day was it installed?

Hello, I have a 6 year old Pentair Mastertemp 400 that I use regularly. I have replaced the Fenwal Ignition system, the circuit board, and the touch pad in the past.
Seems like a lot of work for a 6 year old heater.

Can you show a video of the heater display on startup?

Try jumping the fireman's switch to see if the heater works in standalone mode without the automation.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.