Pentair Mastertemp 400 AFS

Camik

Oct 16, 2023
Spring Branch, TX
Found AFS light on as a result of service heater light coming on and no blower or clicking of anything. Blower motor was very hot to the touch, but making no sound. Upon further inspecting my blower motor intake was packed full of acorns/nuts that something has been storing. I managed to clean them all out, but any idea on my next steps? Is my blower motor done?

Found AFS light on as a result of service heater light coming on and no blower or clicking of anything. Blower motor was very hot to the touch, but making no sound. Upon further inspecting my blower motor intake was packed full of acorns/nuts that something has been storing. I managed to clean them all out, but any idea on my next steps? Is my blower motor done?
If it won't run after cleaning, try to move the fan itself, there may still be some debris that was missed. If it can be moved easily it is likely the motor has burned from the fan being clogged and no airflow to cool it, or just being locked-up and over-amping trying to move.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.