SW Chicago/IL
Pool Size
Surface
Fiberglass
Chlorine
Salt Water Generator
SWG Type
Pentair Intellichlor IC-40
I am having issues with my Pentair Mastertemp 250. When I opened, it started up and ran just fine for a couple of days and then I shut it down. Air temps have been a little cold for swimming until recently, so I did not have it running until today. I noticed that it was not on and saw a 'Service Heater' led on. So I started trouble shooting on my lunch break. Nothing happens when the heater starts. The panel calls for heat, the control enters startup, then there is a click and the 'Service Heater' led comes on. On the back of the control board, I get an AFS light. I tried jumping out the air flow switch. It does the same thing upon startup, but I get a HLS light with the switch jumped out. It goes back to AFS when I pull the jumper. There is no light on the ignition control. That is all the farther I got before I had to get back to work. Just wondering if anyone has any ideas on what to look for next. I plan on pulling the cover for the blower motor and checking the voltages there and the cap later. Thanks for any tips.

The air flow switch was open. I could not focus on work, so I ran out and went through the troubleshooting from the manual. I was not getting voltage to the blower, so I went back to the ignition control module per their proceedure. When I jumped F1 and F2 together, the blower started up indicating a bad ignition control module. Is there anything else I should test, or is everything pointing to the module like the manual says? Thanks again.

Check that no rodents got into the heater and chewed any wires.

If all wiring is intact then replace the Fenwal box.

Reactions: 1poolman1
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.