Pentair mastertemp 250 E05 HELP!!!!

Aug 9, 2014
Hi, where do I start, I was given a Pentair mastertemp 250 it's about 7 yrs old. Worked fine for a few weeks, now it only works intermittently.
Comes on for about an hr then shuts off with the E05 code. Tried the stack flu sensor, tried acid washing the calcium out.. Still nothing. Help!!!!!!
Could it be a flow issue?
Bypass valve?
18x9 x52 intex pool
Hayward 3/4hp pump
Hayward t180 18" sand filter.
Pentair mastertemp 250
The pool is about 80 ft away from the equipment down hill about 7 ft below the pool.
I'd still like to figure this out on my own.
Any thoughts!?
Thank you all in advance for your replies.
Tim

Quickly searching tfp it looks like it's a exhaust temp sensor? Their was quite a few posts Google will bring them up quick..
You are loosing a lot of pressure and flow with that long of run and down hill.. puts extra stress on equipment

Hi Zrock! Thanks for the reply.
I changed the exhaust sensor a fee weeks ago. I have it running right now, runs for about 45 mins to an hr then trip's to E05. Arrrgh!!
The heater was doing the same thing at my friends house. So I don't
think the run has anything to do with it. Wondering if the height difference has anything to do with it. Being so much lower than the pool.
Arrrgh!
Thanks again Zrock

If it was doing the same at your friends then it's obvious it's the unit... looking at a picture of one I'm wondering if the have a variable exhaust fan in them? If it's stuck in one speed then the timing would be about right.. also if their was a blockage in the coil it could cause the water to get to hot.. I've run into this with hot water furnace. Do u gave access to a Lazer temp reader?

If it was doing the same at your friends then it's obvious it's the unit... looking at a picture of one I'm wondering if the have a variable exhaust fan in them? If it's stuck in one speed then the timing would be about right.. also if their was a blockage in the coil it could cause the water to get to hot.. I've run into this with hot water furnace. Do u gave access to a Lazer temp reader?
That's a very good point. I started it today, ran for an hr, then tried again a few hrs later and it's still working fine 4 hrs later I only keep my pump running for about 5 hrs a day, so im wondering if me turning it on and off once a day it's tripping something.. I'm going to leave my pump running all night tonight and the heater (set at 80)and see if it's still on in the am or if I wake up to and E05 code. A friend has a multimeter. Is that good enough?
I'll try to look up the variable speed fan issue. Thank you Z you rock!

That's a very good point. I started it today, ran for an hr, then tried again a few hrs later and it's still working fine 4 hrs later I only keep my pump running for about 5 hrs a day, so im wondering if me turning it on and off once a day it's tripping something.. I'm going to leave my pump running all night tonight and the heater (set at 80)and see if it's still on in the am or if I wake up to and E05 code. A friend has a multimeter. Is that good enough?
I'll try to look up the variable speed fan issue. Thank you Z you rock!
101bc1d5da735390ddab4ad06069f0e8-1.jpg
e388ab08a9bdfaaf0132815e1ea80069-1.jpg

Took the manifold apart and found the thermal regulator was stuck open. Cleaned it put everything back fired it up and it worked again for about 2 hrs. Then E05 code again. I have one on order. I will try to get a lazer temp reader as well.
Any other ideas out there?!

Took the manifold apart and found the thermal regulator was stuck open. Cleaned it put everything back fired it up and it worked again for about 2 hrs. Then E05 code again. I have one on order. I will try to get a lazer temp reader as well.
Any other ideas out there?!

Check for corrosion on the controller card. It will show up as a white crust, specially on the circuitry leading to the SFS sensor, this will explains the intermittent issue.

From your pictures I noticed that the keypad is facing the house, if this isn't done purposely you can turn it so it faces the operator. Just an extra!

Enviado desde mi iPhone utilizando Tapatalk

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.