Pentair MagicStream Deck Jet II Repair

robertmee

Jun 26, 2015
Raleigh
I have six of these installed 8 years ago. I don't know if just a sloppy install, but two of the six, the PVC pipe connection under the cup has fallen off. Bad Glue, Settling, who knows. They used the white flexible PVC, I do remember that. I have a concrete deck so they cemented around the cups. Best I can tell from the install diagram, the cups are tapered, small at the top, to larger at the bottom (dirt level under concrete). How much concrete do I have to destroy to get the cups out in order to reattach the pipe underneath? I thought about a dremel with a stone grind tool trying to carefully enlarge the hole (the concrete is slightly poured over the lip at the top of the cup), but I'm afraid I'm going to need a much bigger hole to get the cup out past the taper. A local leak detection company quoted me $2800 to fix it. I can live with no jets for that amount of $$$. Maybe contact a concrete company directly to cut them out for me? Options?

What about a picture of the actual jet and deck area. That might help members give some guidance.

How often did you run the deck jets in the 8 years you have had them?

How often did you run the deck jets in the 8 years you have had them?
Every year when we had large parties. Kids love them. Started leaking last year, and shut them off until I could get to them. I had a leak in my pool and had a leak service come out to attend to those, and he looked at the jets for me with a camera and that's when we discovered the pipe had detached from the coupling.

Maybe a better idea, cut a square around each one to fit a tile and cut a hole in the tile for the cup? At least then have more area to work in and easier accessibility in the future. Would need a large tile hole saw, tho.

Attachments

• 20230630_090530.jpg
    20230630_090530.jpg
    600.9 KB · Views: 5
  • 20230630_090537.jpg
    20230630_090537.jpg
    633.6 KB · Views: 4
I have a couple of those as well and my guess is that your tile or paver solution is the best way. I would size the cut based on the expansion joint (ie if it is 7" to the expansion joint from center of the deck jet, make a 7" square cut)
You could also refill with concrete which would be easier as you would not need to core drill a perfect hole in the tile/paver.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.