Pentair Light Cable Stuck...

Concrete people. The pool people will just call a concrete contractor.

Setting bolts is easy. They are most likely anchor bolts that were inserted into the concrete while still wet. This is the same way the bolts are put around your foundation for your house's walls.

The only right way to resolve your issue is to break up the existing portion of the deck that collapsed and then redo you wiring for the light and then a new deck. That is the best way to do it right. Also seeing you have tree roots in the way you may find that they are invading on the pool and you could make a case for them destroying the pool further and thus you could take them out.

Not sure about your insurance but mine will not cover tree removal even if a storm came along. Unless, it hit and landed on my house and it had to be removed to do the repairs.

The cost you were quoted for a tree removal seems fair to me. It's not an easy job but it sounds like the company you called broke it down for you as to the costs involved.

Concrete people. The pool people will just call a concrete contractor.

Setting bolts is easy. They are most likely anchor bolts that were inserted into the concrete while still wet. This is the same way the bolts are put around your foundation for your house's walls.

Yeah that's what I was thinking with the achors. I've done them before while working for a construction company fresh out of college and trying to find a job. Learned more useful DIY things doing random tasks in those six months than I could've anywhere else. It taught me that concrete is heavy as s---. The only time I mess with concrete, is pouring the base for fence posts. Anything more than that - I call somebody.

So it seems like I should:
1. Drain pool
2. Find a concrete team to come and demo the old deck
3. Dig out/cut out any tree roots under the old deck
4. Replace conduit and install pool light
5. Get concrete team to pour new deck and tie in to old deck (reset diving board)
6. Refill pool
7. Use whatever herbicide that homeboy used to kill the trees at Auburn

Not sure about your insurance but mine will not cover tree removal even if a storm came along. Unless, it hit and landed on my house and it had to be removed to do the repairs.

The cost you were quoted for a tree removal seems fair to me. It's not an easy job but it sounds like the company you called broke it down for you as to the costs involved.

Well, from what I understand, is that if it damages the fence, they would remove the tree and replace the fence - which it couldn't help but do since its right on the fence line. Oh and with the tree removal people - they were happy to show me their bonding information, which is probably why they seemed a little high. I'm sure that insurance is not cheap for tree contractors. I mean, I could probably call someone from craigslist that had two guys, a truck, and a couple of chainsaws for cheaper that probably aren't insured - but I've heard a couple of horror stories about that.

Have you looked inside that diving board enclosure? A lot of times they will run conduit straight up and put an additional junction box under the diving board....

No, but I kinda wish they would've done that..makes more sense with a shorter run, and having the conduit sercured in cement would make it more stable. The reason I don't believe they did is because the conduit is flooded all the way back to the junction box located at the fenceline.

Have you looked inside that diving board enclosure? A lot of times they will run conduit straight up and put an additional junction box under the diving board....

Good point, I was making the assumption that is what he had. That's why they were able to drive new conduit to mine, I have a big junction box under the diving board.

Good point, I was making the assumption that is what he had. That's why they were able to drive new conduit to mine, I have a big junction box under the diving board.

Wow...your post(s) make SOOOO much more sense now!! Ha! For the life of me, I coudn't figure out how they were able to tunnel all the way to the niche in a matter of a few hours for $350. Yeah - now I see lol.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.