Pentair Led Lights

Flippy

Jan 8, 2011
Richmond, Texas
Question for the group. I bought Pentair led pool lights about 8 years ago. The blue bank on the pool lights stopped working after about 9 months. All other lights still work. I was thinking about replacing the pool light to get the blue back since that was my favorite but looking at the reviews now both Pentair and Hayward have horrible reviews. Has anyone else had the same issue?

Just keep in mind when you're looking at reviews (on the internet especially) that almost nobody posts how they've had no problems with so-and-so equipment. 90+% of the posts are made to complain about how crappy a product is. I'm not saying that you won't have a problem with them, just have that grain of salt ready when reading reviews online. :)

Reactions: MyAZPool
I faced the same dilemma when looking into upgrading to an LED last year. After looking at all of the brands over and over again, I finally chose the J&J Electronics Color Splash XG series LED. I have heard that some have had a problem with their lights but maybe not as much as Pentair or Hayward. I liked their 3 year warranty and the fact that their lights were compatible with Pentair's IntelliBrite lighting configurations.

After a year now and the fact that the LED light comes on every night 1 hour after sunset and stays on until 11:30pm, still no problems.
This was just the light that I happened to choose.
Best of luck
r.

Just keep in mind when you're looking at reviews (on the internet especially) that almost nobody posts how they've had no problems with so-and-so equipment. 90+% of the posts are made to complain about how crappy a product is. I'm not saying that you won't have a problem with them, just have that grain of salt ready when reading reviews online. :)

I agree. Just chaps my behind that the one color I like doesn't work anymore. Also many of the reviews stated the same that it is the blue bank of lights that went out.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.