Gold Supporter
Sep 17, 2018
El Centro, California
Pool Size
Surface
Plaster
Chlorine
Liquid Chlorine
Long story short pool builder didn't finish the job.

I was close to not installing the Laminars as the final thing I need to do but finally decided I'm going for it.

Along the long side of my pool I plan on doing 3 Laminars. They all have their own dedicated water pipe and electrical pipe. I will also be doing the 1 1/2" drain. Along this same run is I believe 3 Pex gas lines, 1 water line for a waterfall feature, and an electrical line for the same waterfall feature.

My question is if I can get away with stabilizing the Laminars with rebar and filling the whole area in with rock?

Or should I do a concrete base along the whole way and encase all those lines, including the drain line for the Laminars in concrete, as well as say halfway up the laminar for increased stability?

I would love to just fill with rock but I'm not sure if the vibrations of the water flow or whatever will affect the stream. I do have each laminar individually valved and a clean and clear 100 for the filtration. I'm just trying to finish up.

Again, I would love to just stabilize with rebar and wire and fill with rock. Concrete would be more laborious for me and I'm not sure if I can or should encase all the pipes in concrete.

Thank you,

Jon

Attachments

• laminar1.jpg
    laminar1.jpg
    576.8 KB · Views: 18
Yeah concrete would be best. I was just wondering if rock completely encasing it would be sufficient. I know these are sensitive to vibrations and what not but I would think they'd be ok.

Any thoughts on if I can encase those pipes in concrete?

Finally, how much water does the laminar actually drain? I have an issue where I'm not sure I can add a full line of drain pipe to get water out. of the area. I live where its extremely hot so I was thinking maybe I could dig a large hole below and fill it with rocks and that might get me by but I can't find anywhere how much these actually drain.