Pentair Intellitouch setup issue

Farkward

Bronze Supporter
Oct 24, 2023
Hawaii
We live in a tropical area. Have three Intelliflow3 VSF type motors, (Pool, Spa, and Spa Jets) and two Ultratemp Heat Pumps, all controlled by an Intellitouch controller. Pool section is fine. Would like to have Spa pump to run 24/7 to circulate water, but only have Spa Ultratemp unit on from 6am to 9pm. Right now overnight temps cause heater to turn on to maintain spa temps. Is there any way to program this?

F,

Do you have ScreenLogic or are you using Pentair remotes?

Is your spa separate from the pool, or does the spa spillover into the pool?

If separate, I assume your spa has its own filter, heater, and pump, not counting the Spa jets pump. Is that correct?

Are all three of your IntelliFlo pumps controlled by the RS-485 com port in the IntelliTouch?

Thanks,

Jim R.

Jim F. - Just a Pentair indoor control panel, no Poolside Remotes. Spa separate from pool, does not spill over into pool. Separate filter, Ultratemp Heat Pump, water pump and filter. At this time all Intelliflow pumps are connected w/RS-485 com port in IntelliTouch.

F,

Most IntelliTouch system are designed for pools that have spillover spas...

In theory, when you have separate equipment for your pool and your spa, you should have the "Dual Equipment" card.. i10+3D Pool/Spa.

If you have that card, then you should be able to have a set of Schedules for just for your pool and a separate set of schedules just for your Spa.

Do you know if you have that card or not?

I just re-read your initial post and understand better what you want to do.. I know you can schedule temperatures by time, when you have ScreenLogic, so would assume you can do the same with just the remotes.. Let me see what I can find..

Just for reference, here is my simple set up where you can see that I have set different temps at different times on my EasyTouch..

Thanks,

Jim R

Jim R - Thanks for prompt reply, and the .JPG. We do NOT I'll have to check on that card ("Dual Equipment" card.. i10+3D Pool/Spa). I believe if we could set SPA temp for different times, that would solve the issue, we could just lower temp to the minimum temp for the spa for the hours we just want the circulation only without heat. I believe we could just disconnect the RS-485 connection to the pump motor, keeping it running 24/7, but that seems like we should be able to use the Intellitouch system to accomplish this task.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.