Pentair IntelliFlo3 VSF & Quick clean question.

Stomp

May 13, 2009
Orange County, CA
We have a new pool build with the Intelliflo3 VSF and the outdoor Easytouch Control System. My pool guy asked me to kick up the speed of the pump for the “Quick Clean” cycle (he’s not familiar with Easytouch), but the Pentair Home app has the controlled by automation message. I don’t have a “Clean” cycle labeled in my Intelliflo pump settings section. Outside of contacting my pool builder how can I figure out which cycle/setting addresses/controls the Quick Clean cycle.

Thx so much!

Last edited by a moderator:
With an Intelliflo3, they may not have installed the keypad. If so, you need to use the ET or the app to control it.

Reactions: Jimrahbe
Correct - there is no keypad. I have the apps (Screenlogic and Pentair Home), but don’t see any way to adjust the Quick Clean speed. Going through the Easytouch menus it seems like one of the Intelliflo settings should control the pump speed, but can’t figure it out.

"Quick Clean" is an acronym on many Hayward VS pumps.

Basically all it does is ramp the pump speed up to the maximum set on the pump controller and runs that speed for 30 minutes.

On a Pentair VS pump, you can probably program a timer to run at a specified speed for 30 minutes - and name it whatever you want. :scratch:

Stomp,

I looked at the IntelliFlo3 manual and it says...

QUICK CLEAN: Press to manually start the Quick Clean program. This feature can used to temporarily override a schedule and increase pump speed while vacuuming or adding chemicals to the pool. Once a Quick Clean cycle has ended, the pump will resume its normal schedule.

I assume this means your limited control head still has a quick clean button. Please go out and look at your pump's control head and see if it has a quick clean button. I "assume" it will not work unless you are in the Service mode. Try it and see what happens.

Also.. Since I have never seen the control head, please post a couple of pics of what it looks like..

Thanks,

Jim R.

They do have a quick clean button regardless of whether you have a keypad or not. You can see below, but as long as the "connect" button is purple, meaning connected to automation, no matter what state the easytouch is in (Auto,Service,or Timeout), the quickclean button won't function, including through the Pentair Home app. I don't know of anyway to disable the purple function other than maybe to power off the easytouch alltogether, I didn't try that because its a bad solution to the problem. Using the screen logic I would just create a quickclean eggtimer function and assign an aux button on the easytouch, unfortunately I was stupid and bought the ET4 so I'm out of buttons and programs or I would walk you through the process, but this thread here will get you pretty close: EasyTouch Programming - Run Pool Program for 1 hour - Egg Timer
img_6772-jpg.457721

Last edited:
I have the same pump connected to an EasyTouch. I have to put the system in Service or Timeout mode, otherwise the buttons on the pump do nothing, nor does the Pentair Home app. While in service mode, however, I can use both. The Quick Clean button will run the Clean setting in the app, which means you can edit that setting if you want to change the speed or runtime of the clean program (I run at 87% for 2 hours, rather than full speed for 1, for example).

I have the same pump connected to an EasyTouch. I have to put the system in Service or Timeout mode, otherwise the buttons on the pump do nothing, nor does the Pentair Home app. While in service mode, however, I can use both. The Quick Clean button will run the Clean setting in the app, which means you can edit that setting if you want to change the speed or runtime of the clean program (I run at 87% for 2 hours, rather than full speed for 1, for example).
You are 100% correct. I just tried it again, in service mode, and even though the button was purple it did let me run the QuickClean from the app and the button. Good to know! Thanks @jwiegley ! Not sure if I did something wrong the first time or if something changed but it is definitely working now.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.