Pentair Intelliflo VSF Pump Tripping Breaker

kanewton

Jun 27, 2023
Houston, Texas
My Pentair pump (new 2018) is tripping the dedicated Pentair GFCI breaker. This first happened a week ago after an electrical storm in our area. I was able to reset the breaker and operated the pump without issue for several days, and found the breaker tripped again yesterday. The breaker would not reset (trips immediately). The contractor who installed my pool & equipment in 2019 suggested that the breaker might be faulty, so I replaced the Pentair with 40A dipole with the same model with no change in results. My pool contractor believes that the 4-year-old Pentair pump is likely the issue and suggests replacing it (BTW, the model is Pentair P/N 011056), mfg. date 12/2018. My question for the kind experts here is -- are there other potential causes of the breaker trip other than the pump? Any troubleshooting suggestions prior to committing to a pricey pump replacement? Pool = 15,000 Gal+spa/heater; SWG. Thank you!

My Pentair pump (new 2018) is tripping the dedicated Pentair GFCI breaker. This first happened a week ago after an electrical storm in our area. I was able to reset the breaker and operated the pump without issue for several days, and found the breaker tripped again yesterday. The breaker would not reset (trips immediately). The contractor who installed my pool & equipment in 2019 suggested that the breaker might be faulty, so I replaced the Pentair with 40A dipole with the same model with no change in results. My pool contractor believes that the 4-year-old Pentair pump is likely the issue and suggests replacing it (BTW, the model is Pentair P/N 011056), mfg. date 12/2018. My question for the kind experts here is -- are there other potential causes of the breaker trip other than the pump? Any troubleshooting suggestions prior to committing to a pricey pump replacement? Pool = 15,000 Gal+spa/heater; SWG. Thank you!
First, put the 20A breaker back for safety. Turn breaker off, disconnect power at the pump, turn breaker back on. Does it reset? If yes the problem is the pump. If not, look for a frayed or broken wire.

Reactions: reggiehammond
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.