Pentair Intellicenter schedules being weird

Also! My intellicenter says it's firmware 2.006, and when i go to check for updates, it says it's up to date. The web says the latest version is 2.017!
2.017 is only via USB update. 2.06 was awful so definitely suggest update or roll back to 1.64. Also don't forget to check the pump firmware

@Goshdurnit
Sorry to hear that. There seems to be a disconnect between Pentair Tech Support and the repair guy they sent out.
Several years ago, I had a bad experience with one of those so called "Service" guys that Pentair sent out to fix my IntelliChlor. I ended up getting sideways with him when he thought he should try to reprogram my Feature Circuits and Circuit Groups. I was NOT impressed with his technical "know-how" one bit.

Anyway,
You might consider giving Pentair Technical Support a call again. You should already have a trouble ticket started that the tech can refer to.
1686710311608.png
You'll probably need to go through everything with the first tech support rep just to find that you will get handed off to a level-2 rep. Unfortunately, that's just the way they roll.
It's their responsibility to get you squared away with all of this and if it were me, I'd hold their "feet-to-the-fire" on this one.
r.

Last edited:

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
He said "the Pentair guy I spoke to said the firmware error message is a fluke and it's an issue with the intellicenter firmware not the pump, I guarantee you it's the intellicenter"

I don't believe he actually spoke to anyone at Pentair.

Got another update for anyone curious.
Spoke to someone at Pentair who spoke to someone else at Pentair who works on the pump firmware.
"Any pump with 3.03 or 3.04 is going to have the issue- it's a new issue, and I will compose an email to all of Pentair to let them know because it sounds like people aren't all aware yet. You will need a Pentair rep, not a warranty company to install the firmware update."

the saga continues...

I reported this issue to a few mid/senior level IntelliCenter/Automation related folks at Pentair.
Here is one response. If I get any others, I'll be happy to report back.

"Thanks for the info. Yes, this was intentional and IntelliCenter systems that get this alert, then pumps do need to be updated to firmware 3.05 by flashing the pump. Only authorized service technicians can do this. Our Tech Support should be aware of this, and we appreciate you bringing this to our attention."

r.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.