Pentair IntelliCenter Pool Control Dashboard Instructional Guide

I’ve got a new bug (haven’t touched anything since it’s been working flawlessly):
ApiError: Message cleared from outbound buffer: 165,33,15,16,168,36,15,0,0,36,0,0,0,0,0,0,0,0,0,0,0,17,0,0,0,0,0,0,0,0,0,0,0,0,255,255,255,255,0,0,1,0,5,205
at RS485Port.clearOutboundBuffer (/home/pi/nodejs-poolController/controller/comms/Comms.ts:916:23)
at RS485Port.clearBuffer (/home/pi/nodejs-poolController/controller/comms/Comms.ts:901:61)
at RS485Port.closeBuffer (/home/pi/nodejs-poolController/controller/comms/Comms.ts:902:64)
at RS485Port.closeAsync (/home/pi/nodejs-poolController/controller/comms/Comms.ts:809:37)
at RS485Port.openAsync (/home/pi/nodejs-poolController/controller/comms/Comms.ts:535:26)
at Timeout. (/home/pi/nodejs-poolController/controller/comms/Comms.ts:831:17)
IMG_6980

@rstrouse any ideas? It’s like it’s frozen in time since as of July 21. Intellicenter app working fine.

I was going to do a replay and checked "Capture Reconfiguration" - stuck at 13% even without touching my pump speeds. Happen to have a suggestion for me to get this back synced up?

I’ve got a new bug (haven’t touched anything since it’s been working flawlessly):
ApiError: Message cleared from outbound buffer: 165,33,15,16,168,36,15,0,0,36,0,0,0,0,0,0,0,0,0,0,0,17,0,0,0,0,0,0,0,0,0,0,0,0,255,255,255,255,0,0,1,0,5,205
at RS485Port.clearOutboundBuffer (/home/pi/nodejs-poolController/controller/comms/Comms.ts:916:23)
at RS485Port.clearBuffer (/home/pi/nodejs-poolController/controller/comms/Comms.ts:901:61)
at RS485Port.closeBuffer (/home/pi/nodejs-poolController/controller/comms/Comms.ts:902:64)
at RS485Port.closeAsync (/home/pi/nodejs-poolController/controller/comms/Comms.ts:809:37)
at RS485Port.openAsync (/home/pi/nodejs-poolController/controller/comms/Comms.ts:535:26)
at Timeout. (/home/pi/nodejs-poolController/controller/comms/Comms.ts:831:17)
IMG_6980

@rstrouse any ideas? It’s like it’s frozen in time since as of July 21. Intellicenter app working fine.

This is what mine did when I updated to FW 2.017.

Corrected by reverting to 1.064 and restarting NJSPC.

--Jeff

Wanted to thank @rstrouse and @tagyoureit for their help (over on the repo).

As it turns out, a storm last week blew out only 1 of my com ports on my IC main board (com “b”, J4). Long story short, that was the one my IC board was connected to, so NONE of the com ports were responding. Once I moved the pump to the IC board and connected the IC to COM A (J5) on the main board, everything started working again.

I will call pentair, but, as the system is 3 years old, I expect to be told to buy the replacement display panel w/ ip5 main board. I won’t buy it as everything is working properly now.

Hello folks, I just posted this in the git repo as a discussion and figure I'd cross post it here to see if anyone else has any solutions.

I'm new to the forum and if this isn't the right place to ask, apologies in advance.

I have an issue open on GitHub for a few months but my question here is just solving the symptom of the issue - any easy way to modify a file to tell it this light "sequence in progress" is no longer the current state of Intellicenter? I can control the lights only through intellicenter because of this error and I don't see anything obvious in poolState.json or poolConfig.json - but I readily admit I don't know much about this backend.

Thanks in advance!

Attachments

• CropperCapture[20].jpg
    CropperCapture[20].jpg
    31.1 KB · Views: 10
So I've been using this software for a few years now, and really haven't updated either the Pi or this software. Now, it seems as if I can't manage the heater from the web page anymore. I could be dreaming, but I seem to recall being able to change the heater temp as well as turn it on and off. Am I missing something, or has this functionally changed?

Answered my own question. The function is still there, but this is an issue with the Safari browser I'm using. Seems to work fine in Firefox, so will use it just for this purpose.

Last edited:

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
So I've been using this software for a few years now, and really haven't updated either the Pi or this software. Now, it seems as if I can't manage the heater from the web page anymore. I could be dreaming, but I seem to recall being able to change the heater temp as well as turn it on and off. Am I missing something, or has this functionally changed?

Answered my own question. The function is still there, but this is an issue with the Safari browser I'm using. Seems to work fine in Firefox, so will use it just for this purpose.
That's bizarre. Because at one time, I found Chrome worked better for me then Firefox because Firefox had display issues. Then about two years ago, there was a Chrome update and my dashPanel got all wonky right after that. Then I switched to using Safari and I haven't had an issue since. You can always try clearing the cookies.
But from my experience, it seems like these browsers will come out with an update and it just messes things up. ;)

Go figure... Glad you got it working though...
Nearly four years now using njspC/dashPanel/REM and all the related hardware and hardly a hiccup. I like that...

The function is still there, but this is an issue with the Safari browser I'm using.
Thanks for posting this. I primarily use my iPhone for controlling the pool and I was having this issue. Never thought to pull up on the laptop and try it.

--Jeff