Pentair IntelliCenter bug workaround for Group Feature water output 1.064 firmware (also Spa override workaround note)

looPA

Nov 17, 2021
San Jose
I have one pump that drives three water features and the pump output has three valves. (Must use the delay valve rotation prior to pump turn on setting in the firmware)

Pentair IntelliCenter allows you to assign a pump output to your grouped features. However, its a known bug that it simply does not work and uses the highest setting of the individual features.
A simple work around is to create another feature purely to assign a RPM/GPM to that works for your combinations of features.

Example: "All RPM" is a newly created feature that is not selected as visible, go into settings then system configuration and select the pumps and add the circuit. Then go back out in the App to home, scroll down to pumps and go into pump status and then only there can you adjust the RPM/GPM (probably yet another firmware bug) of "All RPM" example setting 2600 RPM
Now go back into your Feature Group where in this example had "Sheer Decent" "Bubbler" "Laminar Jets" and now add "All RPM" to that group. When the group is enabled the pump will see "All RPM" and properly run at that setting. Doing the same process above using the Feature Group name does not work for the RPM/GPM you choose.

Settings before where you only end up with 1700 RPM output when turning on "3-Features" button
Decent 1600 RPM
Laminar 1700 RPM
Bubbler 1400 RPM
3-Features Group 2600 RPM

Settings now where you get 2600 RPM output when turning on "3-Features" button
Decent 1600 RPM
Laminar 1700 RPM
Bubbler 1400 RPM
All RPM 2600 RPM
3-Features Group (Doesn't matter RPM/GPM)

Finally thought of this after reading another Pentair firmware bug where the Cleaner schedule would override a manual Spa usage. If your Spa RPM was less than the Cleaner RPM then Pentair firmware heirachy is that higher RPM always wins. To prevent the Cleaner schedule from interuppting the spa use you need to set Spa RPM higher than any scheduled event.

Pentair wants you to just buy one pump per feature which is wasteful in $$$ and in my case not really wanted due to space constraints. Just wild how many weird little bugs there are but I guess someone told me that IntelliCenter is just a cobbled version of IntelliTouch firmware ported to just work on the hardware. Their 2.X firmware release was a disaster.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.