Pentair Intellibrite 5G color - Fail

I still like my replacements from J&J Electronics, noted in post 13. That spa bulb is going on strong for 3 years. Just replaced the pool bulb a couple of months back. They work/respond just like the Pentair original.

They have now been bought out by Halco lighting. Google them and research the bulb. They don't sell direct, so you purchase from your favorite place. The new seal comes with the bulb, at least for the Pentair housing.

I still like my replacements from J&J Electronics, noted in post 13. That spa bulb is going on strong for 3 years. Just replaced the pool bulb a couple of months back. They work/respond just like the Pentair original.

They have now been bought out by Halco lighting. Google them and research the bulb. They don't sell direct, so you purchase from your favorite place. The new seal comes with the bulb, at least for the Pentair housing.

The intellibrites are a different system. There is no socket or bulb in these. It is a circuit board with integrated LEDs, so the J&J bulbs are not an option. Its either replace the board for 400+ bucks and wait for them to fail again, or replace all the lights/fixtures with something different that is compatible.

This is what the inside of the fixture looks like

1594863384264.png

The intellibrites are a different system. There is no socket or bulb in these. It is a circuit board with integrated LEDs, so the J&J bulbs are not an option. Its either replace the board for 400+ bucks and wait for them to fail again, or replace all the lights/fixtures with something different that is compatible.

This is what the inside of the fixture looks like

View attachment 153155
Yeah - sorry about that. I knew they had this newer bulb and did a quick google and thought this was the old standard bulbs. Best of luck.

I replaced my old SAM lights with the "Pool Tone" lights from Florida Sunseeker and they are awesome!

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.