Pentair iChlor30 coincidently stopped working.

coastal

LifeTime Supporter
Apr 23, 2009
Naples Florida
Pool Size
Surface
Plaster
Chlorine
Salt Water Generator
SWG Type
Pentair Intellichlor IC-30
I had some staining on my inground pool so I turned my ic30 to 0 to lower the FC level per the instructions for magic jacks. Process went great, the next day stains were gone.
then I started the ic30 at 20%, usually sits about 30 or 40% depending on the time of year.
FC level didn’t budge, move it to 50%, nothing. Then to 100% and the FC level started to inch up. I figured, great, it’s working and just needed a boost. Nope, after about a week it never got above 8ppm and now is on the way down again.
The generator is about 5 years old so it could be just a coincidence that it went just then but wanted to ask here in case I’m missing something.
I checked for buildup on the blades and they are clean.

Thanks for your advice.
Rich

Today:
FC 4
CC 0
pH 7.6
TA 75
CH 450
CYA 70
SALT 4200
Water Temp 87

Did you do an OCLT to make sure nothing started to grow in the meantime and is just overwhelming the SWG?

Overnight Chlorine Loss Test

If that passes You can also do a reverse OCLT at night to see if chlorine is being generated (same process but with SWG on and measure how much increase)

Reactions: Mdragger88
If I remember correctly, that may actually be AA. They don’t really tell you.

But if so it will neutralize your chlorine level till it’s all gone.

Only way is keep adding liquid chlorine but don’t shot your FC too high or the stains will come back

Reactions: coastal
That may have been the problem. I had to add liquid chlorine because it was too low to do the overnight test. The chlorine level wen down overnight by 2pp. i will add more reinforcements as needed and hopefully the SWG will be able to maintain after killing anything else that’s contributing to the FC depletion. I have turned the SWG back on and increased the run time but will turn it off when the pump stops tonight so as not to add to the FC level before I test again in the morning Since the pump will start before I will get to it.

Reactions: markayash
That may have been the problem. I had to add liquid chlorine because it was too low to do the overnight test. The chlorine level wen down overnight by 2pp. i will add more reinforcements as needed and hopefully the SWG will be able to maintain after killing anything else that’s contributing to the FC depletion. I have turned the SWG back on and increased the run time but will turn it off when the pump stops tonight so as not to add to the FC level before I test again in the morning Since the pump will start before I will get to it.
Last iron treatment I did took a couple weeks to get my FC to stay around.
Glad your getting it under control

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.