Gbrauer

Aug 4, 2022
Choctaw, OK
Our puppy chewed through our IC40 power cord. Of course, you call Pentair and they tell you that you have to replace the entire unit. I really hate to replace the chlorinator as it is only 2 years old. Has anyone has SUCCESS in repairing the cords to these?
1680036406704.png

Welcome to TFP! :wave: I thought I saw a cord repair link or thread somewhere. Let's try to find it. In the meantime, bookmark our
Pool Care Basics page and put Fido in timeout. :)

dog GIF

G,

Assuming you have plenty of cord, I'd just cut back to get to a good spot and either use crimp splices or solder the connections. There are only 4 wires and they are all color coded.

The bad news is that if the system was running at the time, shorting the wires together could have also taken out the RS-485 chips in the cell or DC power supply. It could also have taken out the DC power supply card as well.

If this were my cell, I'd splice it back together and see what happens. What other choice do you have??

Thanks,

Jim R.

+1 with nothing else to lose by trying to splice it.

I invented the NoChew9000 (registered trademark / NewdudeCorp) by notching a milk crate. The cord got zip tied to the bottom of the pipe to make it more difficult to get to and I plan to fence it off this year.

Screenshot_20230328_171717_Gallery.jpg

Last edited:
I was able to splice my cable together and make the IC40 work after a similar incident. The first thing I did was clean up and wires and just connected them together with wire nuts to see if it would work before putting any more effort into the repair.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.