Pentair Heater Bypass Install question

SteveTech

Dec 20, 2022
Tulsa, OK
Pool Year #2 and I installed a heater bypass before opening the pool. With that said, the heater BYpass kit, as a few have noticed, looks for a BP_VLV connector on the main board of the heater. supposedly, when activated, the value accommodates for cool-down time before diverting back to pool mode BUT that connector is only on the newer heater boards, not the older ones from 2019 or so.

So two questions. Has anyone found a solution to making the automated valve work using the Easy Touch 8 Valve A or B connector?

or

Has anyone tried replacing the PCB with a newer aftermarket one from ebay or elsewhere that has the connector?

or a different idea? I would really like to have that automation if possible. I did find this:

Looks like it has the right connectors, but I am wondering if it is a drop-in replacement..

Pentair 42002-0007S is the old non-RS485 MasterTemp control board.

The old control board is being replaced by the new Connected Heater control board p/n 461105. The new Control Board Kit 461105 comes with "6 button" membrane keypad. When replacing a control board on an older heater that has a 5 button keypad, you will also need to update the heater to have the 6 button keypad.

I don’t know what the eBay seller is selling as the picture shows the new board but it is listed as the old board part number.

See https://www.pentair.com/content/dam...m-parts-matrix-connected-heater-update-v1.pdf

Pentair 42002-0007S is the old non-RS485 MasterTemp control board.

The old control board is being replaced by the new Connected Heater control board p/n 461105. The new Control Board Kit 461105 comes with "6 button" membrane keypad. When replacing a control board on an older heater that has a 5 button keypad, you will also need to update the heater to have the 6 button keypad.

I don’t know what the eBay seller is selling as the picture shows the new board but it is listed as the old board part number.

See https://www.pentair.com/content/dam...m-parts-matrix-connected-heater-update-v1.pdf

Thats the ticket! just ordered one,, Let's see how it works when it arrives. Appreciated

Have you read this thread…

The bypass on the board has a bug and does not close after running. Pentair has a firmware fix that has not been released yet. If you get a board with the old firmware it will not work correctly.

Have you read this thread…

The bypass on the board has a bug and does not close after running. Pentair has a firmware fix that has not been released yet. If you get a board with the old firmware it will not work correctly.
You can workaround to this problem by cycling the power to the heater sometime after the cooldown period should have (partially) closed the bypass valve. When power returns to the heater the bypass valve will reset to the bypass position.