Pentair Globrite White Lights

Yorker

Silver Supporter
Apr 22, 2017
Cathedral City, CA
Hello all!
Over the past few years I've read everything I could find on TFP about the problems with model 602104 GloBrites. All 4 of our lights have been replaced at least once since our build in 2017. We replaced and self-installed the last one about a year ago using the tip to seal all seams with silicone. Fingers are crossed for how long this one will last.

We now have two other lights that went out a few months ago and I'm have a heck of a time finding replacements. We prefer to purchase from Amazon, unfortunately the only suppler on Amazon only has one 602104 at $460. Since the two lights that need to be replaced light two sides of the pool and if they don't match (or similar) it will look very funky. I understand that there is no guarantee that buying two from the same provider will solve my concern, but that's the best I can do.

I just got off the phone with Pentair and they said the 602104 is still being produced but I need to call my local provider which will include mark-up and installation. Not sure if they will add the silicone to the seams because that might void their warranty with Pentair.

I found this site, Pentair GloBrite Led Light 602104 | PoolSupply4Less. However the reviews regarding their return policy is not so good. Ex. Just installed and they do not work.

Thoughts/suggestions?
York

Last edited:
Look at Polytec Pools.
$400 each. No tax. Free shipping.

The silicone seal did not work on my last batch. Failed at 3 years.

Look at Polytec Pools.

I just ordered the color version from them. They confirmed they have the new style (post 12/23 manufacture) globrites with an updated body. I would think the white version would be updated as well. Hope they don’t fail prematurely.

Reactions: mknauss
Look at Polytec Pools.

Hey Marty, thanks for that lead. Good price and great customer reviews for that company. I’ll be ordering them today.

I had called our local Pentair distributor after posting. He said that Pentair has made changes to the Globrites and they are much better now (I trust him as much as I trust our old pool builder). He also insisted that silicone will be no help. It’s interesting that you found the silicone was of no help for your last batch. I hope these will last at least 3 years as many of ours have in the past.

I should mention that since our build in 2017 out lights were scheduled to be on 5-7hrs everyday. Odd that ours have lasted as long as they did.

Also, our local distributor quote as almost $2000 for two (installed). Geeze! DIY time:)

Thanks (as always for your help)
York

My second batch of lights are on every day for 3-5 hours. The first were on maybe 10 hours total in their life. So use does not seem to effect longevity.